2| Lucas!

"Nice one kid." I tell him as he smiles. "Kid?" He asks, referring to the nickname I just called him. "I'm older than you." He points out as I shrug. The beach is actually quite quiet since it's a dreary and rainy day so the only rescue we did was the kids.

It's now around midday and we spent the last few hours talking and getting to know each other. "I'm so hungry." I groan as we just sit in the rhino, waiting for Deano and Harrison to take over from us. "Wanna go get some lunch together?" He offers and I nod.

Finally, Harrison and Deano arrive and me and Jesse drive back up to the tower. We head off the beach and up to one of the cafes on the road. We get in and sit down at a table and order some food. "So, hows your first day so far?" I ask him as a smile appears on his face. "Amazing!" He replies as I mirror his smile. "That's good." I say.

"How long have you known Maxi?" He asks. "We were trainees together a while ago and just became friends." I shrug as he nods, taking another bite of his food. "How come you live with him not your parents?" He inquires and I think he can tell he hit a nerve.

"Erm...my parents died awhile ago so I didn't really have anywhere for me and my sister to go so Maxi decided to get a place together." I tell him as he nods with an apologetic smile. "So you have a sister?" He asks, moving the conversation along but he's only making it worse which makes me laugh.

"She actually drowned a few years after my parents died, on Bondi beach." I tell him. "I'm so sorry." He gasps as I smile. "Don't worry, you were just kid of digging yourself into a hole anyway." I laugh. "So, what's a bra boy doing up here being a lifeguard?" I ask him as his smile returns.

"I got into trouble for dealing so I decided to clean up my act." He says as I nod, both of us finishing our food. "Cool, were in the tower now by the way." I tell him as he nods and lays before I can even protest. We walk out of the cafe and back down to the beach before heading into the tower.

"Where'd you go?" Maxi asks us as we sit down by the windows. "Went to get lunch mate." Jesse tells him and I can see the smirk on Maxis face. "You need to go!" I tell him, pushing him out of the door as he as Jesse laugh. "You two seem to be getting along." I say as he shrugs.

"You're very alike." I add and he smiles but picks up the binoculars and starts looking out at the beach. A few hours go by and nothing happens except some more rain. It's an hour before 7 when there's a little knock on the door. I get up and open it to see this tiny boy, only about two or three.

"Hey little dude." I say, letting him walk in. "I-I lost my mommy." He sobs, clinging onto my leg as Jesse looks over at us. "What does your mommy look like?" I ask him. "She has black hair and is wearing a long blue dress." He tells me between little cries. "Ok, come and sit up here with Jesse." I tell him as I lead him up to a chair beside Jesse.

"What's your name?" Jesse asks him. "Lucas." He tells him. "We've got a boy who's lost him mom." I radio to the boys. "She was wearing a long blue dress and has black hair. The boys name is Lucas." I tell them as a chorus of okays come through.

"We're looking for your mommy now." I tell him as he nods. "Do you want some water?" I ask him but he shakes his head. "An ice cream?" I suggest and he nods. I quickly run and get him an ice cream as he sits in the seat and eats it while me and Jesse continue to watch the beach.

Half an hour later, a frantic mother comes running up to the tower and knocks on the door. I get up and get the door and she runs in. "I've lost my son, Lucas!" She cries as I smile which confuses her a bit. "It's okay, we have him." I assure her as she sighs a breath of relief. Lucas comes running down and runs into his moms arms.

"Make sure you're always watching him." I tell her and she nods before picking Lucas up and walking out of the tower. I sit back down and prop my legs up. "I'm so ready to go come." I sigh even though we barely did anything all day since there's only a few people on the beach.

It's reaches 7 and the boys start closing the beach. "Jesse, we have a bonfire each year for the trainee. It's at nine so be there." Hoppo says as he walks into the tower we're closing up. I love the bonfires we have here. They're so fun and everyone has a blast.

"Sure thing." Jesse says as me and him head over to the changing rooms, leaving Hoppo to finish closing the tower. "The bonfires are so fun." I tell him and he smiles at how excited I am. We make it into the changing rooms and I quickly change into my clothes as Jesse does the same.

By the time we're finished, Maxis already left so he can help set up the bonfire later so me and Jesse just walk home together. We get in at half seven and Maxis in the kitchen making some food for all of us.