Chapter 4

Kin accepts that he has a problem.

It's the very best that he could do in his current dire circumstances.  Kin figures that, as long as he exists in this world, he'll be in love with Pong.  Or, actually, maybe even longer than that.  So his real issue, then, should be working out how to coexist with his problem in a way that's relatively peaceful for everyone and hopefully makes Pong the happiest.

A pang of bitterness hits him at the thought of Pong, who is probably having the time of his life with Valen right now.  It's extremely stupid because he's the one who set up their date tonight, but Kin just can't stop himself from feeling hurt.

Kin shifts his attention to his phone and stares at it for a while, feeling a little tempted to turn it back on.

About an hour ago, he sent a text to both Pong and Valen stating that he might be coming down with something and therefore would have to miss their dinner appointment.  It was obviously a lie and his rather lame attempt to leave the budding couple to themselves.

After replying back to Valen's immediately following texts of worry with a confirmation that he was okay and that Valen should have dinner with Pong without him, Kin waited a bit to see how Pong would respond.  When Pong didn't come back with anything, he decided to turn his phone off.  He was pretty sure that he didn't want to see any reaction from Pong that would hint at his excitement for Kin being out of the picture in his date with Valen.

Yeah, he's still pretty sure that he doesn't ever want to see that.

Carelessly tossing his phone back on his nightstand, Kin eventually lays down on his side to face the bed next to his.  It's empty, which is a word that also describes how Kin feels inside right now.

Empty. 

The gaping hole in his heart keeps on expanding, threatening to swallow him up whole, but he's too exhausted to fight it. 

He misses Pong.

He imagines Pong laying in the same position on his own bed but facing Kin, gazing at him with a beautiful smile gracing his lips.  Kin helplessly smiles back, wishing that what he's seeing is real, that Pong is actually right here with him and not with Valen.

He misses Pong.

He misses Pong so fucking much, and the fact that Pong probably isn't even thinking about him at the moment kills him.

With that, his tears begin to fall, more and more, faster and faster with each passing second.  Kin angrily wipes them away until he realizes that they're not going to stop anytime soon, and, hell, he's likely going to be in this room by himself for who knows how long so it really doesn't matter if he spends all his alone time crying his eyes out.  

So Kin gets ready to do just that.