1

Chapter One
"TD Fashion"

Aryn and Natalie's business, "TD Fashion" took off. They started it in Los Angeles and now they've decided to expand to Australia, where they would make Sydney the brands headquarters. Both girls decided they needed a new start and living just off of the coast of one of the worlds most popular beaches didn't sound too bad.

It only took them five months to out grow their warehouse in LA, because it was the only one filling orders from everywhere. They bought multiple warehouses and a new building on the same property in Sydney to remodel and start there. They moved during the winter in Australia and today was the first day of operation.

Aryn felt like she could finally breathe. She didn't have to worry about how she'd support her child with her not being able to surf now, and she felt refreshed being back where her mother grew up.

Aryn woke up early that morning. She went into the kitchen to make herself and Natalie some coffee and Scarlett a bottle for when she decided to wake up. Aryn went back into her room and got dressed quickly, she chose the first dress she designed. She named it Scarlett in honor of her baby girl. Then she went into her bathroom and did her normal morning routine. Wash face, brush teeth, and try to do her hair and makeup, but sometimes with a baby that's difficult.

Thankfully, Scarlett stayed asleep and Aryn had enough time to even get her bag packed to go to her Uncle Harries' for the day.

Aryn's Uncle offered to watch Scarlett for the day while Aryn went to work to make sure things ran smoothly the first day. Harries was absolutely ecstatic when he found out Aryn and Scarlett were moving to Sydney. He loved his niece and her daughter and wanted to make sure they were both taken care of even though Aryn seemed to have everything under control.

Scarlett started to stir and whine so Aryn fed her while they sat on the balcony facing the beach. Aryn and Natalie bought a house a street away from the south end of Bondi Beach. Aryn loved it there, even though she hadn't gone more than twice since they moved due to the fact she was busy and summer is still a week away.

After Scarlett was done with her bottle Aryn brought her back inside to get her changed. She propped Scarlett up and the baby smiles at her.

"Do you want to go see Uncle Harries and Aunt Em baby? You want to play with Billy and Leo?" Aryn says in her baby voice. Scarlett squeals and shakes her body with a big smile. Billy and Leo always loved on her when they saw her. They would read to her, color pictures, and want to hold her all of the time. "Alright Scars, lets go get Nat and then we'll leave."

§§§

"You doing okay Ryn?" Natalie asks as she steps into Aryn's office She noticed that Aryn was being a little distant since she dropped Scarlett off with her Uncle. At the brunch party with their employees and brand ambassadors she was quiet, only talking when she was talked to. Aryn had set up an area for Scarlett in her office. A crib, a toy box, whatever she needed. After she sat down in her chair she just stared at the crib, thinking about Scarlett.

Aryn's eyes snapped up to Natalie. "Yeah, I'm good."

Natalie laughs and sits on Aryn's desk. "You miss the baby. It's okay to admit that Aryn. It's the first time you two haven't been joint at the hip since she was born."

"I know I'm being irrational." Aryn sighs, "It's just that I'm scared I'm not going to be good enough because it's just me. I moved her away from her grandparents, and aunts and uncles. Her father is a piece of shit who doesn't need to be in  her life."  Aryn rants. "I'm just scared. I'm scared I'm going to mess her up."