will you sing me something

Paul and John are in a car talking nonsense. Paul is taking pictures of things on the drive. At a stop Paul is looking through his camera lens when he sees you. A beautiful girl in a yellow dress (see outfit in author's note). She was admiring the music played by a street performer.

"What is wrong, mate?"

"What do you mean, John?"

"Your mouth is hanging wide open," john said laughing.

"It's that girl over there in the yellow dress. She's beautiful."

"If you think she's that pretty you better go and ask her out."

"You're right." Paul said as he told the driver he was getting out here

"Good luck," John yelled as the cars started moving and he drove away.

Paul started walking towards the girl. He joined the group of people listening to the street performer. Once the show was over the girl started walking into the park entrance. Paul caught up with her and said,

"Hello"

"Hi"

"I hope you don't find this too forward, but I saw you over there and I thought you looked beautiful"

"Oh that's so sweet I don't know what to say"

"Then say you'll spend the afternoon in the park with me"

"Well I didn't plan on anything in particular so i guess so. The only issue is that I don't know your name"

"How awful of me. I am so sorry, my name is Paul. And what might be your name?"

"y/n"

"y/n?"

"Yes y/n"

"I love it"

"Really? I never felt like it sounded that nice."

"Well I think it sounds beautiful."

"Thank you" she says as she blushes.

You walk through the park and stumble upon a botanical garden area.

"This park was bigger than I expected AND it has a botanical garden!" she exclaimed

"Wait you didn't know about this either? Are you from here?"

"No, I'm on vacation visiting my family"

"I'm on holiday too. So if you aren't from here where is home?"

"Still America, but more northern. What about you?"

"Interesting. I'm from the town of Liverpool in England. I came with my friend John."

"So I guess we are exploring this place for the first time together. Wow this place is gorgeous though."

"It sure is" Paul said thinking 'but god she is so much more beautiful'

He had never been nervous around a girl before. He felt different. Like he really really did not want to mess this up. He wanted to know all about her. Paul broke the silence by asking,

"So what is your favorite thing to talk about?"

"Wow gettin deep are we now?" she said with a laugh and he nodded with a chuckle as well. "Weeeeeellllllll," she said long and drug out,"Something I could talk about forever is music I like. Sometimes with some of my friends who have similar music taste we will just list off songs and lyrics that we love. I'll go on and on with them on my favorite songs that make me feel like I want to dance, songs that make me want to find my true love, and songs that are just so fun."

"And what sort of music do you like?"

"Mostly rock and roll bands. I love fun music that just makes you smile and want to sing every lyric. I also love the impact some lyrics can have on you. And how the impact can feel different to everyone listening. One song could make someone think of a family member or friend while making others think of something lost they could never get back. And I now realize I'm talking really fast and babbling on about nonsense. Sorry, I do that from time to time. I just keep going on and on about things that probably don't actually matter in the long run, but uuuuuggghhh I'm sorry, I'm doing it again. I'm going to shut up now." y/n's face got so red from how embarrassed she felt. She looked up at Paul and noticed that he had been staring at her the whole time with a slight smile and laugh. "Now you talk."

He laughed a little, "No, I want to learn more about you. I love hearing you 'babble on about nonsense' if that's what you call it, but I love what you are saying. Music is pretty important to me too. I actually write songs with my mate John I'm on this holiday with. We're in a band called The Quarrymen."

"That's so cool. What was the name of the first song you wrote?"

"It was this song I named 'I Lost My Little Girl' I wrote when I was around fourteen."

"Will you sing me something?"

"I'd love to sing you" He said with a cheeky smile. Then he started singing 'That'll Be the Day' by Buddy Holly the Crickets. He loved that smile that was stretching from ear to ear on y/n's face.

"I loved that so much. That is one of my favorite songs ever written."

"I'm glad. I loved singing it to you. Your smile is infectious, love"

Just then Paul did what he wanted to do all day and pulled y/n into a kiss. It felt like a movie. Y/N felt nothing but butterflies. Paul asked y/n out to dinner that night and the rest was history (i wish).

A/N

I had to mention buddy holly and the crickets for a few reasons 1) it fit my timeline 2) i love them 3)the day the music died (feb 3) is in a few days

Also here is the outfit you were wearing at the park! Isn't it cuteee. It gave me dodie clark vibes (not just because of the yellow... but is it tho?). If you know who dodie clark is 1) i love you <3 and 2) please comment your favorite song!! Mine will probably forever be Permanent Hug From You 

 If you know who dodie clark is 1) i love you <3 and 2) please comment your favorite song!! Mine will probably forever be Permanent Hug From You