Chapter 3

Aaron's POV

I felt my lips slightly curve into a smirk as Evelyn stared up at me in confusion. I could still taste her lips on my tongue. "What was that for?" She'd asked.
"I felt like it," I replied, giving her a shrug.
Her gaze seemed to harden on me, her brown eyes staring up at me with distaste. I watched as Evelyn turned already walking off. I couldn't help but snicker as I walked after her. "Where are you going?" I asked as I caught up, keeping pace now. "Back inside. Don't worry, I'll tell your mother that we hit it off," Evelyn spoke bluntly, her shyness replaced with indifference.
"Oh, come on," I scoffed, annoyance now prickling into my amusement. "If you didn't want me to, then why'd you kiss me back?" I moved in front of her, blocking her path. "Because I didn't realize your type beforehand," She stopped, folding her arms over her chest, causing my gaze to drift onto her figure. It was impressive to say the least. "And what type is that?" I questioned once I was able to pull my eyes away from her body. Her face was just as alluring. "The spoiled, rich, with no regard for other people, fuckboy kind," Evelyn seethed, her jaw clenched in anger. Clearly this was about more than myself. "You don't even know me," I scoffed, irritated despite my realization. Anger is only a secondary emotion, after all.
"I don't need to," Evelyn retorted. It made me wonder- what could've made such a timid girl snap like this?
"I'm done playing games. What's this really about?" I demanded. She seemed to relax, just slightly.
  "I saw your tattoo," Evelyn admitted, gesturing to my neck and I saw the girl from before return. I could only imagine what she'd have done if she saw the rest of me. "You're mad about my tattoo?" I raised a brow.
  "Well... No, not at your tattoo..." Evelyn's cheeks turned a hint of red. It seemed she was embarrassed now. "It's stupid. I'm sorry," She shook her head, looking down. Really? I thought to myself. If only all women were so self aware.
"You're lucky then," I smirked. She looked up at me, her brows furrowed in confusion.
  "I'm in a forgiving mood. Let me buy you a drink," I insisted.
My mother was going to love this.
"What?" She tilted her head. "You're not thinking I'm crazy?"
I snickered. "I didn't say that. Yes or no?" I watched her contemplate it for a moment. "Alright," Evelyn nodded reluctantly.
"Let's go, then," I held out my arm for her again and, of course, she took it.

___

As we walked into the bar, Evelyn glanced around us. Truth be told, I was surprised she had agreed. She didn't seem like the spontaneous type— or the 'let's go grab a drink' type, for that matter.
  As I walked with her towards the bar counter while we took our seats I turned to her.
  "So, Evelyn. I suppose you'll have to tell me about yourself," I began, flashing a smirk in her directions before I ordered a drink.
  "There's really not much to tell," Evelyn gave an awkward smile, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm pretty boring," She said, a small laugh at herself escaping her lips.
  "Now, now, I'm sure that's just not true," I protested. Even if it were true, I didn't much care. Worst case scenario I could get her into bed tonight and forget about her in the morning.
   It was a tantalizing thought indeed.