Chapter 3

Chrissy

"What's your problem?" The car ride has been quiet and Mary won't look at me. I'm driving and it's making my chest pain worse and I get cranky when I'm in pain plus I didn't do anything so she has no reason to give me attitude.

"Mary," I probe. She turns so fast that her long hair hits the side of my arm. Damn her hair is long.

"How could you?" She screams at me. I flinch back when I hear how mad she really is.

"How could I what?"

"Steal my man." At her reply I bust out laughing.

"What?" I ask between my laughs. Oh god, I think I'm going to pee on myself.

"Christine I'm serious." I stop laughing immediately. Mary never calls me by my full name. Holy shit she really is pissed.

"Sweetheart, I don't know what you are talking about," I whisper.

"James Trend. I'm talking about how James Trend was flirting with you and how he couldn't take his eyes off of you. You knew I liked him and you stole him from me." Ok, now I'm confused because I don't remember any flirting. I also don't remember any staring and I sure as shit couldn't steal him from Mary because one, I don't want him and two, he's not really hers. I take a deep breath and blow out slowly to calm myself down. I don't want to yell at her but she's being dramatic and I can't really deal with it right now.

"Mary, I can't steal what you don't have," I hold up my hand when I see her open her mouth, "but did you see me flirting with him." I glance over at her and see her shake her head no. "Did I talk to him, yes, yes I did because you couldn't talk. I told him about us not me and I only say us because we are an us. It's always you and me and I was hoping you would gain your motor skills and jump in. You know how I feel about James but if this is how you are going to act when I did this whole thing, fuck, this whole day I did for you. I'm in so much pain but I held out because I love you and I wanted to see you happy and make one of your dreams come true but in the future when I want to do something for you I will think twice if this how you will show your appreciation."

I don't expect an apology right now but I know she will later tonight when what I said sinks into her head. Sometimes having a redhead for a friend is hard but I love her and despite her hair color she will always be my best friend.

When we pull into our driveway I hear Mary speak. "I'm sorry Chris. I know what I did and said was bitchy I guess I was just so mad because yet again I was looked over and I was looked over for my best friend from a guy that I hyped up so much. It just hurt and I know I need to stop living in my dream world but I like it there. I know what I dream and make up isn't reality but I feel safe there and when reality pierces threw I don't know how to handle it. I'm am sorry and you know I love you. I just, I don't know what to say or how to explain how I feel but I do know I'm over James Trend. I think he really liked you." She looks up at me and I notice her blue eyes water.

I grab her and drag her over the middle of my car so we can hug. "James Trend is an ass and he likes anything with a hole that he can stick his dick into." I tell her.

"Not mine," she mumbles into my chest.

"I would if I had a dick. Mary I don't know how many times I need to tell you, you are beautiful and any guy would be lucky enough to stick his dick in any of your orifices." I can hear her giggles and I smile.

"I love you Chrissy."

"I love you too Mary. Now, let's get inside because I'm like five seconds from passing out and I need to text Greg back. I can't believe he was serious about tomorrow. I can't wait to see his sexy ass again."