Ch. IX

Possibilities

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It felt different her...a foreign feeling exact to finally be home.

Just being the presence of her cousin and Brandon was a good feeling knowing it been quite the time she had seen the couple. Of course, she wanted to surprise her grandparents the next day after having a long day yesterday.

But what drifted in her mind was the conversation she had with Liam...

The Evening Before

"I really should've gotten a rental car," Chloe mumbled to herself as she looked around. "Damnit." She stomped her foot.

"Or I can give you a lift."

Chloe quickly turned around as she came face to face with an old familiar face from years ago. She knew he had a crush on her but she never reciprocated since he had a girlfriend at the time when they were young teenagers.

"Liam!" Her eyes widened as she stared at the six foot-one inch, one-hundred ninety-five pound muscular man.

"Welcome home, old friend," Liam smirked as he thought about how the week was going to be an eventual one. "How about we get a drink?"

Chloe hesitated for a second as she thought about the invitation from Liam. Was it a good idea to even accept the ride and get a drink?

"It's nice to see you too, Liam." Chloe swallowed her nervousness as she gripped her bag and suitcase.

Liam eyed the nervous woman in front of him realizing Chloe had changed over the years. He was surprised to see that her hair was cut to a shorten length remembering how long her hair war. Usually, he remembered how much she complained about the mane on her hair but never cut it once.

"Nice hairdo." He complimented her as she went to touch her hair nervously. "...never knew you would cut it."

Chloe smiled a bit, "Well, I've had it short for two years now but thank you."

Liam nodded as he rests his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket, "I was just going to get something to eat but seeing you now...might as well catch up."

Once again she became nervous as she avoided his contact but who was she kidding, she had to face these people that knew her throughout the tears before disappearing.

"Now about that drink...I think we have one long overdue." Liam said as he pulled out his keys to his Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

Chloe sighed in defeat as she walked towards Liam with her suitcase in hand. The two walked over to his pickup truck as he took the liberty of placing her suitcase in the back as she climbed in the large vehicle. Liam soon climbed in as he revved the vehicle to life before driving off

It was an intense silence as Chloe sat in the passenger's seat wondering what Liam would ask her. Her palms were beginning to sweat as she fisted her hands together to avoid giving off the emotion.

~