Transformation

Mum made me go to bed at seven because 'I needed a BIG sleep to prepare for my next big day at school'. I couldn't sleep, and I don't think it was because I could just about see everything outside my bedroom through the curtain. It was about quarter past nine when the groaning started, I thought it was nothing, so I just rolled over onto my side, but it kept going on and on. I crept down the stairs until I could see the lounge room, dad was standing in front of the TV, only there was something wrong with him, he was doubled over in pain groaning and growling. That's when he changed. The growl turned to a scream, long, brown hairs started to sprout from my dad's back, through his shirt. He grew, muscles clenched and bulging, his fingernails started to lengthen and thicken until they became claws. He was now covered in hair, and a big, bushy tail was beginning to sprout from his behind. His face began to distort, his mouth growing razor sharp teeth, his nose extended into a snout, his ears growing until they were the size of my foot. Within moments, I was staring at something that only existed in fairy tales, it couldn't be real, but it was. I was looking at a fully grown werewolf. I sprinted up the stairs and dashed into my parent's bedroom. Where my mum must have been reading on her bed, was what looked like a female abominable snowman.

I ran into Mitchell's room. He was awake on his bed looking scared. I told him about mum and dad and to pack a backpack. I made my way to Emily's room and quickly packed some of her clothes into her pink kinder backpack and told her we were going for a walk. We all met in my bedroom and I explained to them that we were going to have to leave while I packed a backpack. I managed to find a rope that we could use to get down the wall with. I secured it to my bed and led it down my window. Mitchell went down first, then I came down unsteadily, carrying Emily. We made our way out of sight just as the werewolf and snow-woman that used to be our parents poked their heads out the window.