MAMA TIA'S TACO TRUCK

It was a cold, chilly night. Pete had just gotten off work, his stomach was rumbling, and he was looking for a good place to eat. Suddenly, a food truck caught his eye. It was planted across the street from his worksite. "Huh...this seems good. Probably cheap too." He said, mostly to himself. Pete swiftly ran a hand through his dark locks before he made his way towards the parked food truck. There was a busy line and he seemed to be the last one in it, it took about ten minutes before it was his turn. Of course, he didn't mind, it wasn't a big deal anyway. Plus, he was too lazy and exhausted to find another place to eat.

"Welcome to Mama Tia's taco truck!" A child exclaimed with a bright smile, Pete awed at the sight and the, what he had assumed to be the mother, came into view. The mother didn't have the same aura as her child. She had dark bags under her eyes and a frown on her face. She yelled a few words in a different tongue at the young boy and he scurried off towards the passenger seat of the truck. "Hello, how can I help you today?" Her hand went to rub her eyes a few times, making them a slight red. Pete looked at her with a little concern but chose not to say anything about it. "Can I get the...the beef macho taco supreme with a cola to go with it?" The woman nodded and the same little boy came up behind her, a coke already in his hand.

"Here mister!" He exclaimed, trying to hand it over, but his mother smacks his hand roughly. The boy pouted with a whine as he almost dropped the cola. "No Tio. He must pay first. Go on child before I have your father whack you with a spoon!"

Pete watched in horror. Was the poor child begin abused? Pete couldn't do anything, but watch. He sends a sympathetic look to the boy as he left from view. "Five fifty-five, please." The woman said in a monotone, clearly looking uninterested now. Pete was quick to give her the money and left a ten-dollar bill in the tip jar. That pleased the woman. She gave him a crooked smile before going off to make the food.

It seemed as if the wind was getting stronger and Pete shivered. He pulled his coat closer to his body and looked around. There was nobody else to be seen. Suddenly, he heard a loud clang and the woman screaming for help. Pete jumped in surprise and headed into the truck. The lights inside went out. The doors behind him shut. Even the place where he ordered was closed. Now he was scared. "Um, hello?" He asked, trying to squint through the darkness. All the sudden, something...or someone pressed a sharp blade so deep into his leg that it separated his foot and leg altogether. And through the hour, Pete's screams could be heard from out of the food truck, but nobody...nobody was outside to hear.

Nobody knew what happened to Pete Mcgravy. Nobody knew where he disappeared off to. When the checked the security cameras for any suspicious cars or activity...nothing popped up. To this day, Pete Mcgravy's death has never been figure out. But if you ask some of the locals, you can hear his screams at night. And there's a rumor. If you ever see the food truck...Mama Tia's Tacos. That means you'd be next. The next person to die, and eventually you'd be a part of her cult too.

THE END.