i hope you think of me

"And the Grammy winner for 'Best New Artist! is... Billie Eilish!"

All you could hear was the whole room clapping and screaming. This was one of the 5 grammys Billie had won that night. It's honestly getting tiring how often I see her face on the media.

I was friends with Billie since Ocean Eyes was released. Actually - screw that. I was friends with her WAY before Ocean Eyes was put out. I was homeschooled and we did dance together. She was my best friend along with Zoe and Drew. We had our own lil crew and everything. We basically lived with each other.

Maggie was practically my second mother. She was my favorite adult in the world besides my mom, of course. She would drive me to dance when my mom was too busy at the hospital which was a constant occurrence. Billie never minded. It was honestly kinda scary how close we were. My mom always thought we were lesbians but I think it would be too weird dating my best friend.

Yeah, it was weird thinking of dating billie but that didn't stop me from dating Finneas. i'm a year old than billie so the age gap wasn't TOO bad. We dated for a few months but Billie didn't mind. She loved it honestly. She thought I would marry Finneas and become her sister in law... but that never happened. Finneas and I always remained on good terms even after the breakup (which was partly Billie's fault).

Well, that was until ocean eyes blew up. I remember our dance teacher asking her to write a song for a competition. I always loved singing and was a bit jealous she asked Billie but I was happy for her. Billie was super excited and luckily Finneas had already written ocean eyes so all Billie had to do was sing it. Next thing we knew, it had hit 1000 plays while we were in line for Starbucks.

In a few months, she was playing sold-out shows and going on international tours. Obviously, Zoe, Drew, and I couldn't always come along so whenever she was in town we would hang out nonstop. She eventually became hella famous and isolated herself from us. and by "us" I mean, me. She still hung out with Drew and Zoe but slowly started to text and talk to me less. Seemed like a bitch move, honestly.

She eventually stopped communicating with me fully. She unfollowed me on social media and untagged me in her instagram pictures so I did the same. After that, she was a global sensation. Luckily while she was busy getting rid of me, I was working on MY music career. I also started doing interviews and worldwide tours. My name was on articles too. I bet she hated seeing that. I wish she could see how successful I am now. I wish I could see her face whenever she saw me on a billboard. 

I also got invited to the grammys this year and was nominated for 2. I didn't win any but that's understandable considering I was going up against HELLA big artist but seeing her there made me want to slap her or literally anyone in the room. She thanked everyone, including Zoe and Drew - but not me. Even though I was there for her always. I put her over me. I stayed up all night just to talk to her so she would feel better. 

Bullshit.

And she never even thanked me.

You know what's funny? When we were in line for starbucks when ocean eyes hit 1000 plays, I said to her, "Don't forget me when you're playing coachella and winning grammys Billie!" and gave her the biggest hug.

fuck that.