The Bridge to Part 2

A woman is drying seaweed near the beach, when she sees a body floating in the ocean. She swam and pulled the body to the edge. She thought the man was dead, but she could still feel his pulse. She pressed his chest until he sprouting water and coughing. His eyes were open for a moment before closed again. The woman dragged him with difficulty to her small hut on the beach.

The man's stomach hurt. She treats and wraps it with cloth. A few days later, he woke up.

"Oh, you are awake, apparently," said the woman in the Shang language.

The man was about to rise, but the woman forbade him.

"I have an assignment. I have to find someone," said the man in the Momo language.

"But you still haven't recovered," apparently the woman could speak the Momo language, though it wasn't very fluent.

"Where am I now?"

"In my house."

"I mean, in which area?"

"Southeast Shang region."

"I have to go south."

"Stay here for a few days until your wound heals. I'll take you to south."

"Don't bother, thank you."

"Not bother at all."

The woman took a bowl of porridge.

"Eat. I'll bring you medicine."

"May I know your name?"

"Tze Wei. And you?"

"Guika."

~~~

(some time before Karika attacked the Daharu ship)

"Guika," Sayuri called when the man was about to drink.

He put his glass back and followed Sayuri to the back of the ship.

"Has Karika been found?"

"Not yet, Sis."

"I think she is still alive. I am afraid that one day she will return her revenge against us."

Guika chuckled, "she is pregnant. What can a pregnant woman do? Can she fight with her big belly?"

"Don't underestimate just because she's a woman, and pregnant. I was pregnant when I poisoned you five years ago."

"But you failed and lost your baby."

Sayuri snorted in annoyance, but ignored him, "I have a special mission for you."

Guika raised his eyebrows.

"If Karika attacks, try to keep alive. Go to my aunt's house in Shang and protect Saiyu."

"Saiyu? Why should I protect that servant?"

"She is carrying Damiwo's child."

Guika stared, "what? That kid?"

"That kid is a teenager who has been puberty. Nobody knows this except me, her, my aunt, the physician who examined her, and now you."

"Even Daharu doesn't know?"

"He doesn't know yet."

The tip of Guika's lips lifted. He felt proud, trusted by his sister-in-law.

~~~

Sayuri's aunt's house was empty after Guika got there. The neighbor said that the old woman had died, had a heart attack after hearing the death of her niece's family.