×four×

So after having their s'mores, Namjoon then took Jimin by the hand pulling him to go to the edge of the river. He just wanted to get away from everyone.

Even though this was his idea, to come here, spend the evening here, he really didn't like being around crowds. He'd rather be somewhere not so crowded in all truth. From the beginning he really didn't believe this bonfire, by the river side, would turn out to be a hit.

For one, it should be free to be able to have a fire by the river, you honestly shouldn't have to pay 4 bucks to get in. Anyone could have just walked into the event by taking a different route, but it seemed no one had done that. Amazingly.

Another, is that people really shouldn't have to buy a 5 dollar package deal for s'mores with a drink on the side. Especially when they could just bring their own. If anything, literally anyone in their right mind would have. Considering that deal only really fed one person.

This event is complete shit and completely stupid, if Namjoon had to say anything about it!

But, I guess, the students of the school knew how much they needed the money for the many events and trips that they were fundraising for.

And honestly, to Namjoon it was quite funny how everyone was willing to pay just for a simple night out. Weird.

Once he catches his breath, Jimin smiles at the boy. He knew what Namjoon was doing. He of all people, knew Namjoon hated crowds, and from the beginning, he has always been there. Always there for the taller to lean on him if need be. He couldn't handle his best friend suffer from his anxiety attacks when overwhelmed from the amount of people around.

Before, it happened quite often. Specifically before Namjoon made more friends, other than just Hoseok and Jungkook. The first time it had happened Jimin immediately came to the conclusion he never wanted it to happen again. It scared him to the core; worried him. It broke him to see his friend go through such torment.

But if Jimin now thinks of it, he has noticed, that of late, it hasn't been as bad. The last time it happened was about two and a half years ago, but since then he seemed to have calmed down a tad bit from that. It's as if he has gotten used to being in crowds, not fully, but he seems to be able to manage it decently.

At least, somedays, but somedays he just can't handle it... and those are the days Jimin tries his best to be there for him.

"Mini, I know I was the one who wanted to come here..." Namjoon looks down to the water, kicking a rock into it, guilt forming within, he shouldn't have asked to come here, of all places, "but can we go get a drink..." oh gawd, he wished he didn't ask to come here to confess, the crowd made it harder, he sighs deeply, "and then go for a short walk around the trails?"

Looking at the saddened boy, smiling fondly at him, placing his hand on his shoulder, "of course Joonie. I would love too~" smiling. He knew Namjoon just needed a breather, a longer one.

A good distraction.

Namjoon was only feeling this way because he was nervous. And Jimin knew why, so he couldn't blame him for anything. After all, he was doing his best to come out of his comfort zone for Jimin. And that was the best thing anyone could have done for him.

"Okay~" Namjoon says shyly. Looking at Jimin with a gentle tilt of the lips corners.

So that's what they did, they went for a walk around the trails. Climbed a tree or two, possibly got a scratch or two too. And as they went for that walk, Namjoon might have constantly initiated on holding hands and carrying Jimin on his back. They laughed and joked about so many things. It was a great time; a time Namjoon needed to rebuild his courage.