Prologue

(Author's note

Yes I've rewritten this book a bit, hope you don't mind it that much. I'm just trying to make it make more sense so bear with me. Anyway onto the chapter)

Opening his eyes, Tari was snapped out of his nightmare as he caught his breath. 'That's the third time this week!' He thought to himself. Blinking a few times, his eyes adjusted to the dull lit room that they sat in. He was the second oldest off the two other people he lived with, also being the only boy around. He was quite pale, even called albino a few times to the bright white hair he had. The white had faded to black as you reached the tips, giving an odd gradient color to it. Both his eyes were a different color, with one being a bright brown like his mother and the other a black void with a white pupil in the center like his father. Sitting up from his make shift bed, a few tattered sheets and an old pillow, he was met with a pair of ruby eyes filled with worry. Eyes narrowing with annoyance, he simply gave the person a small head pat. "I'm alright Lucy."

She only pushed his hand away, rolling her eyes at his response. "Doesn't look like it, you were having another nightmare weren't you?" Lucy was the oldest, yet the most goofy and childish of them all. She was a tan-ish girl, a few freckles here and there. She had bright blue hair that ran down to her lower back, slightly curly with the ends fading into a lighter blue. As mentioned before her eyes were a bright ruby red, her white pupils only giving it a brighter look. She was concerned about her friend, lately he had been having nightmares that would sometimes wake him up at night. Of course he would insist that he was fine, but she could see right through his lies. Offering a hand, she pulled him to his feet as the two dusted their clothes off. "I really think you should do something about them Tar."

"Where's Nova?" He asked, moving on from the topic as he began walking around. They were currently living in this old abandoned shed, one that was falling apart at the seams. The floor was littered with grass and moss from the cracks formed from weathering, flowers blooming in some areas. The walls were cracked in many areas, some lined with vines that's taken shelter in them. The roof dripped with water as sunshine came from windows and holes, keeping them warm enough so that they wouldn't be freezing. Anyone would be disgusted by it, but it's all they had to call home at this point. Stepping over some broken glass, he walked over to a small corner where the last member of their small trio sat. "Hey Nova."

Unlike her friends, Nova wasn't really one to stand out as different. She was a bit on the brown side from them, skin discolored in some area's. Her hair was a frizzy kinky black mess of an afro, a few strands of purple sticking out here and there. Her eyes were what stood out, one being a very dark brown while the other was a vibrant teal color. Her gaze was focused on the ground as a snail fed on a small flower. He clapped, catching her attention as she looked up at him. "We should get cleaned up." She noded, hopping up to her feet as she dusted the dirt of her clothes. Due to the fact they lived in a warehouse, the clothes they all wore were pretty raggedy and worn down. Lucy wore a yellow dress that had faded to this moldy dirty color filled with tears and missing one of the straps since she used it as a ponytail holder. Tari wore a yellow hoodie that was on the verge of falling apart, slashed in different area's with odd brown stains around them. His pants were in the same state, held together by a few strings. Nova simply wore a pink dress that was now a grey color, filed with holes and tears mostly on the back.

"Well, how about we go and get somthing to eat." Lucy said, pulling her hair back into a pony tail. "That way, we'll have some more energy." She flashed a small smile as he shrugged, mumbling a small 'whatever' as he pulled his hood up. Nova jumped to her feet, grabbing hold of Lucy's hand as they began their walk together.

And so it begins