Chapter 13

Neve walked around the port of Hargeon looking for the ship to take her to Alvarez empire. She had learned of the schedule from one of the sailors that they will make one stop in Caracole Island.

"Excuse me, is this the ship that sails to Alvarez?" She asked a sailor who looked more like a captain.

"Yes, miss. Are you a traveller aboard?" He asked.

"Yes" she nodded.

"Welcome aboard then. I'm the captain of the ship, Arlo" he smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Arlo-san" she nodded.

"We will sail in an hour" he said.

"Good!" She nodded getting on the ship.

Flash back!!

Neve ran through the woods to where she and Hiryur build a secret base. She smiled at him when she saw him.

"Hi-chan!!" She tackled him into a hug.

"I missed you too, Neve" he hugged her back.

"What are we doing today?" She asked.

"Training of course" he said cheerfully.

"You really love training" she chuckled.

"Of course! I want to join the army someday" he said cheerfully.

"And why?" She asked a brow raised.

"SoIcouldprotectyou" Neve blinked at him head tilted in confusion, "so I could protect you, Neve" He said holding her hand in his.

"Why?" She asked a soft frown on her face.

"I.. um.. nothing" he looked away a blush decorating his face.

A loud familiar roar made them look to where it came from. In an instant the two dove behind the bush.

"I-it's coming from the village" he said springing to his feet and running towards it.

"Hi-chan!! It's dangerous!!" Neve shouted running behind him. She followed him towards the village and couldn't help the nausea raising in her from the smell of burning bodies.

"MOM!! DAD!!" Hiryur's shout lead her towards him.

"Hi-chan, it's dangerous. We should leave" Neve shouted pulling a dazed boy behind her. She lead him through the forest towards the village.

"Neve, where were you?" Her father asked in a worried tone.

"The village on the other side of the forest was attacked by dragons. Hi-chan's..." she answered turning to the frozen Hiryur.

"Oh my!" Her mother gasped hugging the boy who instantly broke down.

Ever since that day Hiryur began living with them.