Chapter 5

Everything felt cold.

It was a chill that made him shiver into the freezing feeling, craving an escape from that heavy claustrophobic heat that made him feel so weak and tired.
His head felt fuzzy and feverish, and the strange cool was comforting even though it was such an intense sharpness against his heated skin.

It was like..

It was like he was chasing something he couldn't see, something that he couldn't grasp, he didn't have a clue what it was except it was right in front of him.

Actually, he didn't even know if it was in front of him at all!?

It was so dark he couldn't see, but that feeling, that awful feeling of fear consumed him, chasing him, or was he chasing it?

He wasn't sure..

Unknowingly he groaned, shifting into the cold as if it were the only thing keeping him alive.

The only thing keeping him sane as he relaxed into it.

"A$? H?^"

There was something there, something with him in the static fuzz that felt clearer than the rest.

                                                     "YI*<ŒL-"

It felt as if he could reach out and just about.. If his arms were just an inch longer.

                   "..%-~*"
Almost.

'Please!' He whispered out, begging the- Whoever it was, whatever it was, to just let him catch it. To let him see.

Some gut feeling told him that if he reached it- If he just got a little closer- Then-

      "JW SB$^ BA-#!!"

Izuku jolted awake, gasping as a loud explosion echoed off the walls rattling his already aching head.

Whatever dream he had faded away nearly instantly and he was left with a gaping empty feeling as he blinked in confusion.

"Where?" He mumbled, sleep still heavy in his thoughts as the terror of being forced awake subsided to feeling like a distant memory, and he relaxed back into the cushions comfortably.

'Wait...' He thought, a slow realisation dawning in his foggy head, 'Cushions?'

"You fell asleep halfway through Sero's fight, we thought you would be more comfortable here."

"Oh," Izuku muttered again as if it was the simplest explaination ever. Closing his eyes he sighed into the cold feeling, resting his forehead against the icy fabric mindlessly grabbing at it to pull that comforting coldness closer.

"Thanks Tod'roki," He slurred, rubbing his face along the cold, craving the relief it gave as the unbearable heat fell away a little bit more with the movement.

"You're welcome."

A second passed, Midoriya was silent as, like a distorted jigsaw puzzle that a kindergartener was trying to put together, everything started clicking.

His eyes suddenly flew open in an embarrassment that was so overwhelming that, 'Embarassment,' was too light of a word, and without moving he looked around trying to get a grasp on what happened.

Most students were sitting or standing around chatting, across the room Kacchan and Kirishima were teamed up against Sero and Kaminari in an intense foosball match that probably was the reason he woke up with how enraged and into the game Kacchan was getting.