I guess you're my friend

Tonks

I broke his nose. I BROKE REMUS LUPIN'S NOSE. I had only wanted to scratch my head, but of course I had to hit his nose with my elbow. And he didn't even sound angry about it. I couldn't help but wonder if Dylan would've been angry if I accidentily broke his nose.
I stepped out in the empty and quiet atrium before Remus. Everybody had went home, only the guards were still there. But I couldn't see a single guard.

"The coast is clear" I whispered.

"Nothing in sight that could possibly break my nose a second time?" he asked.

A blush crept up on my face. "I can't see anything that can break your nose besides from me."

"Perfect" was his answer to that.

"Yeah, I mean you need something to keep you on your toes. Constant vigilance, you know."

"Mad-Eye would be proud over you for doing everything to make sure I'm on my toes. Even if it means breaking my nose."

We walked to the elevators and I pressed the button that said that we wanted to go down. I could hear very clearly that an elevator was on it's way, did they have to make so much noice? It was a miracle that no Order members had been caught because of the loud elevators.
Both Remus and I were quiet during the whole elevator ride. And after Emmeline and Hestia had left we sat quiet at the floor outside of the door.
I had ditched a night together with my boyfriend so that I could get to know Remus. I couldn't sit quiet

"Are you a new member of the Order?" I said.

He huffed loudly. "I've been a member since the first wizarding war."

I laughed out loud at how insulted his voice was. I could imagine his face even if I couldn't see it.

"So you're a real veteran, huh?" I chuckled.

"I guess so, my rookie friend" he said and I could hear that he smiled.

He called me his friend. He liked me enough to call me his friend. Maybe it could lead to more if he considered me his friend that quickly. Did I want it to be more? I had no idea, I was very confused about what I felt for Remus even if I had only known him for one hour.

"Am I your friend?" I asked.

"I mean, I met you for the first time earlier tonight, I barely know anything about you, and you broke my nose, but yeah. I guess you're my friend" he told me.

I was Remus Lupin's friend. It felt good.

"You're my friend too" I said happily.

And then there were a couple of minutes of silence. A nice silence though.

"I can't help but wonder... your hair was blue before, now it's pink. How does that come?" Remus said.

"I'm a metamorphmagus. I can change it" I explained. "And pink is my favourite colour, so that's the colour I usually have on it."

And after that we talked all night. We talked about everything, it was like we had known each other since forever. Like we were really close friends. We talked until Molly and Snape came to take over in the morning.