Chapter 7

~ Heya!  So I think that I might make the chapters a bit longer than they usually are :) ~

- EREN'S POV -

2 days later

    My eyes fluttered open when I felt a cool breeze on my face.  I woke up in my room.  No, - Levi's room.

Yesterday, I was finally able to leave the hospital.  Levi took me home with him after I explained most things to him, such as why I was beaten and on the floor that day.  No, I didn't tell him about my father raping me; I'm not ready for that..  Just the thought makes me want to scream and cry and crawl into a hole for the rest of my life and just dissapear.  Of course, I'm still going to have to go back home in a few days, but Levi said his house is always open for me - and I'm grateful for that.

Anyway, Levi sure knows how to make me feel better.  I feel safe around him - it makes me think I've known him my whole life.  It makes me happy.  After all, my mother was the only one who made me feel safe.  She'd wrap her gentle arms around me and hold me until I'd calm down or fall asleep, then she would tuck me into bed and give me a kiss on the forehead... 

I wiped the single tear that fell onto my cheek and slipped out of bed.  I opened the bedroom door and made my way downstairs - unaware that I was still in Levi's shirt that, for me, went down right past mid-thigh.  I walked into the kitchen to find Levi cooking pancakes, bacon, and eggs.  My mouth watered at the smell and I let out a small moan.  What?  Who doesn't love food?

Levi turned around and chuckled.  I blushed and quickly put a hand over my mouth as I heard the sound come out of my mouth.  I waved to him with my other hand.  My voice has healed a bit, but I still can't say entire sentences without being in pain.  He smiled.

"How do you feel?" His voice was soft as he smiled at me.  I replied with an, "I feel better!" But it was weak.  He looked at my sympathetically and gave me a hug.  I gladly accepted the hug, which lasted quite some time, but I'm not complaining.  I pulled away from the hug as Levi continued to cook.

I sat on the couch as I waited for Levi to be finished cooking breakfast.  I turned on the tv and turned on netflix.  I clicked on a show and decided to pass some time.

"Eren! Food is ready!" I heard an unexpected yell that practically made me jump out of my skin, but not even seconds later did I realize it was just Levi.  I sighed and got up.  As if on cue, my phone rang.

"I'll be there in a second" I squeaked, loud enough for Levi to hear.  Dreading to see who the caller must be, I slowly picked up my phone.  The caller ID read 'Grisha'.

My body began to tremble in fear.  I stared at my phone, unable to move or speak.  After a few seconds I regained some of my senses and swiped my finger across the screen.  I put the phone up to my ear slowly.

"Eren, what the fuck! You were supposed to be home yesterday, where the fuck are you?!" He yelled through the phone, sounding quite pissed.  I felt a tear prick my eyes.  I blinked and the tear smoothly fell down my cheek, all the way to my chin.

"I-I-I'm so-rry..."  My bottom lip quivered as I felt my tears fill my glazed eyes.  I just stood there trembling.

"Well yeah, no fucking shit; of course you're sorry. If you're not back in 2 hours, I'm calling them over"  He snapped.  As he said that, my body froze - I felt like I couldn't breathe.  I started hyperventilating, feeling as if I was being choked.  I started coughing and grabbing my neck, wanting to be relieved of the feeling.