ch. 1

"Quick! Grab my hand!" The eldest reached out to the others to help them hop at the back of a small loading truck which was unloaded on the port.

While the others were catching up to them, Mingyu and Jeonghan checked on the driver's seat and looked for the keys.

Joshua, Junhui and Wonwoo hopped on the truck that Jeonghan maneuvered, while Seungcheol, Minghao and Jihoon on the truck with Mingyu as their driver.

"Jeonghan! Drive around to distract them and immediately drive away when you see the exit!" Seungcheol commanded the second eldest.

"How about you?"

"We'll get the others! Go now!"

Seungkwan was panting while running as fast as he could, "They caught Chan! They caught Chan and Dokyeom! Hyuuuuuung!" He yelled while running and pointing behind him.

Mingyu , who couldn't hear the others, found the keys so he peeked in the window, "Hyung! I'm driving! Brace yourselves!" He yelled loudly.

"No! Don't go yet!" They screamed in unison, Seungkwan following the moving truck as he reached out his hand to the eldest.

"Kim Mingyu! Stop it right now!" But Mingyu wasn't able to hear them as the ships start honking. Seungkwan cannot be seen on the side mirror neither, nor did the back seat had a window to see them.

Having left with no more options, Minghao jumped off the truck and helped Seungkwan to get on.

"Hyung!" Chan's voice made him look back. The youngest was being held by huge men who were pulling him forcefully, while the other members were being beaten up. "Aish." Minghao hissed and chose to come to their rescue, Junhui from the other vehicle noticed and followed him.

"The two of you! Get back here!" Seungcheol tried to hop off the truck but one of the men fired a gun so they all bent down. Meanwhile, Mingyu heard the gunshot but didn't hear Jihoon and Seungkwan who were stopping him. Instead, he drove a little faster so they won't be chased.

"Yes!" Mingyu sighed in relief as soon as they exited the port and drove to a highway. The two trucks drove safely to an unsure path of freedom.

"No!" The others whined.

"This can't be." Seungcheol groaned, punching the air with disappointment.

They're incomplete. The performance unit isn't with them, including Dokyeom and Vernon. How can they not save each other?

It's all my fault.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Come on, let's go home! It's too dark already!" The tall girl whined at another tall girl who was pulling her.

"What? Cho Wooyeon, lampposts are there, shining so bright so you could see where you are going. Walking won't even take us that long, and I'm with you." Jiyeol nagged.

"Right, of all people, it had to be the scaredy you." Wooyeon chortled. The younger only chuckled and kept on pulling her friend. It has been nights since Jiyeol wanted to take a night stroll but no one would let her, besides, it's forbidden, and she hates being alone.

"You know how scared I am about dark places. I can't do this right now."

"Just think that this will help you get over your trauma."