The broken city

It was the last time I’d try that….

My name is Cross Pentaloza and i've just been on a walk through my “lovely” city.

In the city where I live it is in fact anything but lovely, most people are to scared to come out of their houses for fear of being murdered in an ally or something. Well i guess i should explain right?

It all started when HE came to the city. He had a dark aura and had T R O U B L E written all over him.  He always kept to himself though...or so I thought. Within a month there were small murders all over the city and robberies. No one knew who was causing these murders but this caused mass panic. People stopped bringing their children to the park, they stopped taking walks, and they would no longer take romantic dates with their loved ones. My once beautiful city looked like a wasteland. Animals barely were seen anymore. And i swear i've seen one or two tumbleweeds in my nightly and daily walks through my broken city.

Today I was taking my normal walk in the city at about 1:00 in the morning. I just could not shake the feeling that I was being watched as  timidly walked back to my house. The feeling got stronger as I took longer to walk to my house, so I hurriedly walked down the sidewalk until I felt someone grab my shoulder from behind. “ why in such a hurry” They spoke with a voice that could chill fire as I spun around to get a good look at them.

This person had snow white hair like me, but in my city it wasn't very uncommon. He wore basketball shorts and a white sweater with a blue jacket. His clothing had blood on it and it was an eye catching and sickening red. Though i looked up at him in fear he didnt say anything else. After a few moments of him staring at me waiting for an answer i gained my composure quickly and looked him up and down. He did not LOOK to fast so maybe i could hit him and run. I took a deep breath and kneed the strange person n the stomach and moved to run. But to my absolute fear his hand was still clamped onto my shoulder. He growled between clenched teeth and hit me pretty hard in the back of my head, knocking me out…...my last thought before i fell uncosious was…” it was the last time ill try that….”

Dun dun dunnn kidnapp!!