Chapter 10

My body shoots up as a loud bang reeks throughout the house. It was just my dad coming back from the grocery store. I gaze at my phone, 6:56.

I lie back down, my body stinky. And my hair greasy. I don't have time to shower, I have shit to do. I get up and go to my computer, turning on the gaming console linked to my computer screen. I browse through and finally pick a game to play for the next few hours.

Until I was interrupted by my dad calling for dinner. I pause my single-player game and go downstairs to eat.

I climb back upstairs after another silent dinner. Everything is quiet it's so nice. For once my sister is quiet. And the tv isn't even on, just the gentle sound of wind coming from my cracked window. The breez- I was interrupted by a dark figure knocked on my window. I jumped so hard I almost fell over. This happens ever night, even I wasn't sure how this startled me.

Damien laughed through the tinted glass, his mouth molding into a smile. Damien gently tapped his finger onto the glass and said
"Hey dumbass me and the gang are going to he forest. You should join in"
"Gang? The fuck you're talking about?"

"You, me, and some other kids who told me the cool stuff in there."

"Like what? A psychopathic murderer? Or some gross magazine pile?"

"Haha, no. Just some interesting things"

"Do you know their names?"

"I know one of them is named Joseph"

"Huh, " I said as I climbed out the window and jumped off my roof quietly. "Know almost everyone in the school and I've never heard of him."

"I think he is homeschooled"

"Oh. I think I've heard of him before. He's done some nasty shit."

"Like what?"

"All I know is he beat a 7th grader into the ground"

"What for?!"

"Who knows."

We walked towards the menacing forest, parts of it visible and parts of it pitch black. I pull out my phone and turn on its dim flashlight, damn my phone is dying.

"Ever been in the woods before?"
"Yeah, I kinda grew up here so it's not rare that I'd walk through it sometimes."
"Ohhh, ever got lost?"
"No, it would never go very far"
"Yeah."
Damien looked at his phone and turned right and I did as well.
"Do you know where we're going?"
"To the creek"
"Oh, I've been there before."
"Good, because if I fuck up I'll need you."
"It's walk half a mile and go right and walk until you see the stream"
"Oh, so we are almost there"
We walked towards the gentle stream and looked around until a tall, long-haired boy, it probably hasn't been cut in a while, that was a dirty brown. Almost a crimson like color. with a dirty medical mask and a white tee shirt with some bracelets around his wrist. The boy was troubled and was spiced with rebellion. A semi-smart kid but too stubborn to show it.
Damien waved pulling almost his entire arm up in an enthusiastic way, while the boy whom I assume is Joseph gave a calm, and tired wave barely lifting his arm past his shoulder.
I didn't realize this until now but there was another boy behind him.

A black-haired boy with slightly kept hair. But still shaggy, his hair was swept to the side. He as well is wearing a medical mask. Huh. All these new viruses got people taking safety seriously. He had a tan polo Hawaiian shirt with some baggy brown jeans. A very dark grey baggy raincoat, with a patch sewn onto the sleeve just below the shoulder. He had a book bag, with a knife pin on the strap of it.

"So what are we looking for boys?" Damien said with an enthusiastic tone.

"A rock, and a river," The boy replied.

"And a lake," Joseph added

"Forgot about that," The boy said turning to him

"And what are we doing in the said cave?" I asked suspiciously. 

"It's a surprise," Joseph said kicking the dirt.

"Nice tail loser" The black haired boy added

"Haha, fucking furry!" Joseph said out loud

"I am NOT a furry," Damien said

This unnerved me just a bit, but with a literal demon as my friend. These mortal, horny, greasy, grunge boys are no match. The unnamed boy pointed towards the forest, down the left side of the stream. We all walked towards the direction he pointed at and all began little discussions. I was the first to talk, however.

"What's your name, greasy polo man?" I sneered at him

"Shut the fuck up" He replied jokingly "It's James"

"What school do you go to book boy?" I said behind him

"Ewwww you like reading?" Damien scoffed

"Ewww you have an education?" Joseph replied

Damien fake gagged as an add on to the joke

"Oh my God," He said rolling his eyes letting out a chuckle. "Whitewater"

"Ohh," I responded

"Where does everyone else go?" Joseph said turning to everyone

"Southview" I replied courageously

"Whitewater" James repeated

"Redriver," Damien countered

"Whats Redriver?" Joseph said turning his body to him

"Oh, it's farther out," Damien said trying to not brew a smile on his face

Damn, he's a bad liar.

"What does it look like?" James said

"It's umm, yellow. And red... Oh and poor! " Damien replied

I let out a snicker.

"And the students?" James said, Joseph nodding.

"Um, normal enough. Haha, just teenagers" Damien said. "Only difference is the food"

I tried to not laugh. He had such long in between pauses.

"Is the food good or bad?" Joseph said

"It's public food dumbass" I added

"Are you hiding something?" James said questioning his nervous tone and smile.

"No. Why would you think that?" Damien said with grit on his face

I started laughing more

"Look at you!" Joseph added

"Say it shitface!" James threatened him in a joking way

"Jason shut it!" He yelled

I laughed harder. Why is this funny? Who knows.

"Jason, what is he hiding?" Joseph demanded

"He doesn't wanna admit he go to the same shitty school as me!" I said wiping my hysterical tears

"I'd be embarrassed too honestly," James said resting his cold hands in his pockets.