I am not her, I will never be her.

Warning : Character Death.

She was not Regina Mills.

Regina Mills was the mayor of Storybrooke, she was a powerful witch, she was a redeemed villain, she had a family made of her former enemies (oh the irony), she was a mother.

She was everything she was not.

She was queen Regina, the fallen queen, no more a queen, she was not evil anymore, well, it was even simpler than that, she was nothing anymore.

Imprisonment had broken her, had sucked out of her all the life that was in her once, and she couldn't blame anyone for this but herself and her actions.

But now, something was different.

She dreamed.

All the nights, since Henry came to see her, now, she was... seeing things she never lived when she was sleeping.

She saw the life of the other her.

She was seeing Storybrooke, just after the curse, when the other her was triumphant, victorious, she saw loneliness and boredom take possession of her, she saw her adopt Henry, she saw Emma's arrival in town, the end of the curse and all those things which had followed then.

And sometimes, she could almost forget during these nights that it was not her life, that she was not this woman at all.

She saw her victory, then her defeat, then her redemption, she saw Neverland, she saw Owen, the Snow Queen, she saw the Queens of Darkness, the Author, she saw Robin (and had felt her heart tear apart when he died), Zelena, all those things she lost or kept.

She saw everything.

She saw Henry.

A Henry who had never been her son, but someone's else, and that she couldn't help but love when she saw him, and it was not right.

She was not his mother, it was someone else, and she didn't know if her Henry (the one who was not her son, who would always be princess Emma's son) had made this happen in order to torture her, but if he did, well, it was working well.

And then, she realized something.

The other her had a lot of reasons, things or people to fight for, to survive.

She didn't have anything left.

Her father was gone because she had killed him, the kid who could have been her son (and was in another universe) hated her, her revenge didn't have any meaning anymore, her magic was gone as well, and she was a prisoner for now the rest of her life.

Gods, she felt so tired.

She looked at her dark cellar and smiled with sadness.

Maybe it was time for her to go ?

§§§§

When he learned that the former Evil Queen Regina had peacefully passed away in her sleep some days before, King Henry didn't feel any joy or relief.

She was not the one he wanted to destroy, right ?