03

"the chois can show you to your classes."

"i can take bahiyyih and her father to her class!" beomgyu's mother says. everyone nods. jisu grabs onto lea's hand, and soon the two are rushing out of the office, both on their way to their class.

kai and beomgyu glance at each other. the two are in different classes. beomgyu being one grade older. beomgyu motions for kai to follow him out of the office. the two boys leave, kai glances at his father and younger sister before looking at his new best friend.

the hallways of the school is full of other children. all talking among themselves, some children point at kai, this makes him feel uncomfortable. he moves closer to beomgyu. "im kind of scared, beomgyu."

"beomgyu hyung."

"you may be a year older, but i refuse to call you that."

"okay, little one."

"shh! one day i will be taller."

beomgyu laughs at his best friend, before grabbing onto his arm. the two boys are now running through the hallway. beomgyu doesnt care about the "NO RUNNING." poster that was on the wall. the two boys feel happy. thats all that matters.

"why are we running?" kai asks. beomgyu shrugs. "my classroom is on the other side of the school. i dont wanna be late, and i dont want you to be late either." beomgyu answers.

after a few minutes, the two tired boys are trying to catch their breath right in front of the younger's classroom. beomgyu looks at kai and laughs a bit. he ruffles the younger's hair. "ill come by during lunch, okay?"

"okay."

-

"you actually came."

"are you joking? of course i did!"

beomgyu grabs kai's hand. the two boys walk through the hallway and make their way outside. the two boys exit the school building and walk towards a tree. they sit down on the grass and put their lunch bags down.

kai opens his first, he takes his lunch box out, and pulls out some strawberry milk. he lets out a small sigh. "whats wrong?" beomgyu asks, taking his lunch and chocolate milk out. kai shrugs. "i dont like strawberry milk. only lea noona and bahiyyih do."

beomgyu looks at his chocolate milk. while he does prefer chocolate over strawberry milk, he prefers his best friend's happiness over anything. beomgyu quickly grabs the strawberry milk from kai's hand and hands over his chocolate one.

"why!?" kai asks as he looks at beomgyu. beomgyu smiles. "because you dont like strawberry." he answers. he opens his lunch box and takes a bite of his sandwich. kai thanks him and begins eating his sandwich, too.

"how was class?" beomgyu asks after he takes a sip of his milk. kai shrugs. "i think the other children find me boring." he says in a small tone. beomgyu gasps. "the disrespect!" he yells as he looks at kai. kai laughs and playfully hits beomgyu. "stop that! you look like a fool!"

"nice smile." beomgyu says with a smile. kai puts his milk down. he realizes that he indeed, is smiling. a bright and happy smile is on the child's face. he looks at beomgyu. "thanks." he mumbles before he stuffs his face with his sandwich.

"oh. yeah." kai says as he pulls something out of his lunch bag. "i managed to put this in." he says. beomgyu looks at the polaroid camera in the younger's hand. "this reminds me. i have an empty photo book. its our's now." kai says. he quickly snaps a picture of the two boys.

"we'll fill it up with the best memories." beomgyu says. the two boys stare at the developing photo. "when we get home, shall we go to the playground? we'll of course have to bring the girls.." beomgyu says. kai nods his head.

"yeah. lets do that!"

-

after getting the permission of their parents, tie five children were on there way to the park near their neighborhood. jisu was leading the way, lea close behind, bahiyyih in the middle, and the two boys together at the back.

"theres a playground, right?" little bahiyyih asks. jisu nods her head. "mhm! we can push each other on the swings while the two yucky boys can play together!" she yells, lea laughs at the word jisu had used to describe their brothers.

"yucky boys? the only yucky thing here is you!" beomgyu yells. everyone laughs, including jisu, who wasnt affected by the words that had come out of her little brother's mouth.

"whatever. youre adopted!" she yells as she quickly begins speeding up. everyone is now laughing with tears in their eyes. the choi siblings were truly something else.

the five children reach the park. bahiyyih immediately runs to the slide. "WEE~!" she screams as she goes down. lea and jisunare by the swings, both swinging by themselves. probably talking about girl stuff. beomgyu doesnt want to know.

"i have something i want to show you." beomgyu tells kai. kai tilts his head to the side. "hmm? what is it?" he asks. beomgyu grabs onto his hand and leads him to some place. the boys walk away from the playground, and make their way towards the trees.

"is this safe?" kai asks in a small tone. beomgyu looks at him. he pokes the younger's cheek. "of course! im here. so youre safe." he says with a smile. kai rolls his eyes. "no offense, but your arms are as thin as a breadstick."

"HEY!"

the two boys walk until beomgyu stops. "right here." he says in a proud tone. kai looks around, is his best friend crazy? theres nothing here. "uh.. beomgyu? theres nothing here-"

"no you silly-billy!" beomgyu says. he points up. up. kai looks at where beomgyu is pointing. its a treehouse! beomgyu quickly climbs up the tree, once he reaches the very top, he enters the treehouse. "come on, kai!"

kai looks up, he shakes out of fear. he has never climbed a tree before! "i- i c-cant!" he yells. beomgyu looks down at his best friend, who simply looks at him. beomgyu smiles. "step back, then."

kai does as told. he takes a step back and watches in amazement as a rope ladder is thrown down. "THIS FEELS LIKE RAPUNZEL HAHAHA." beomgyu yells. kai shakes his head and giggles. he climbs up the ladder, and grabs onto beomgyu's hand.

"youre weird. rapunzel used her hair, youre using a ladder." kai says once he has made his way in. beomgyu laughs. "okay, mr. i-love-princess-movies!" beomgyu says. kai shakes his head. "w-well, so what?"

beomgyu shrugs, he wraps his arm around kai, spinning them both around so kai can see the treehouse. "nothing is wrong with it. you can love whatever you want to love."

"hmm. can you love anyone you want to love?"

"im a ten year old child. how would i know?"

"im just asking a question!"

"well then. i think you can."