Chapter Nineteen

"I can't believe you took me to the cinema to see that awful film" Kal snorted, as I tried to stop crying. "I mean, who goes to see the man die in the end? He left her all by herself" he snorted, chomping loudly on the popcorn I still had clutched to my chest. 

"That movie was beautiful, it was about love and sacrifice and heartbreak" my voice broke at the end, "h-he didn't even know she was pregnant."

"I think I've broken you, Dove. You've cried twice in the past 48 hours, should I call a doctor?" he chuckled, staring down at me, looking entirely too amused. 

I sniffed, as we walked shoulder to shoulder down the sidewalk, "I always cry in sad movies, its a defect, the only time I show emotion."

He easily slung his arm over my shoulder, "I kind of like it, you look like a miniature little evil troll with your wobbling chin and your fat tears. You look adorable."

"Fucking bite me, you giant" I hissed, trying to ignore the way his heat seeped into my body. 

He was too busy laughing at me, that he didn't notice what I did. 

The Captain of his team, Justin, standing across the street, two women tucked under his arms. I watched as he gave a loud drunken laugh, before the women ducked into some building, leaving him alone as she struggled to light a cigarette. 

I stopped walking, dragging Kal's obnoxiously loud ass to a halt. 

"Isn't that your team Captain" I stated, nodding across the street, as Kal turned to look. We watched as Justin stumbled drunkenly, before catching himself against the building, still struggling to light his cigarette. 

"Fucking hell" Kal whispered under his breath, his eyes watching his captain closely. "Nope, don't think thats him" he shrugged, before trying to drag me forward. 

I tugged him to a stop, glaring up at his tall body, "I know that's Justin, dumbass, what the hell is he doing? He's drunk and you guys have that big game tomorrow, in order to ... you know ... make it to ... whatever it is you make it to and win."

"I'm concerned and yet somehow impressed that you know that much. We need to win tomorrow to qualify to make be able to play in the tournament for the championships" he sighed shaking his head at me. 

"That's what I said. Now what is your Captain doing out drunk?"

"Aren't you my handler? Why are you concerned with him?" 

"Why aren't you concerned? He's the person who runs beside you on the field and kicks you the ball! If he's fucked up tomorrow, how great of a job will he do at kicking you the ball?" I mocked. 

Kal blinked lazily down at me, "Dove, that was pathetic."

"You know, I don't know the fucking names and positions and technical terms! For fucks sake stop making me talk about it! Are we going over there to grab him or not?" I snapped, looking up at Kal with my arms crossed. 

He sighed, groaning out in pain, "I'm still not totally convinced that's even Justin" he tried. 

I pushed him off of me and stormed across the street, just as Justin dropped back against the building, nearly falling to his ass. 

I reached him, slipping my arm under his, trying to balance him. 

Bad fucking idea. 

The guy weighs entirely too much. 

I nearly drop to my ass with him, before a second pair of arms, snatches Justin up, pulling him back to his feet. Kal's chest pressed into my back as we try to steady the drunken man.