Brothers in arm

Set-2008...

MS Dhoni just became the Captain of the Indian Cricket team. The team came to Manali 4 days before ODI series against Sri Lanka. Entire team was already at the hotel except Yuvraj Singh went home the previous night and was supposed to come to practice that afternoon.

7 in the Morning  MS Dhoni was sitting on his bed calling Yuvraj to wake him up for past 15 minutes but he wasn't picking up the call. 'Here I'm sitting with this damn phone leaving all other work and this Idiot must be sleeping peacefully' MS signed in frustration.  But then, If you manage to lazy git as your best friend such these things are something you face on a daily basis.      

"So Paaji as usual... Still enjoying his beauty sleep. If you come late, trust me to make you run around the ground for entire session... Don't forget... I'm the captain now" MS warns as Yuvi picks up the call. 

"So you already started showing off that you are a Captain? But don't you even remember how to talk to your senior?" Came the serious voice from other end.

"Acha... Senior? Who is 'Senior' here? I can't see anyone" MS Countered smiling. "And Ya...Now stop this drama. Get up and come fast."

"You think you got everything as you became Captain, don't you? But you do know that you don't deserve all that... You snatched it from me..." Came the Sharp voice filled with hatred.

"Yuvi? Abb tera gatiya mazak line cross kar raha hai... I just called you so that you won't be late to practice...Now Come fast." MS said seriously.

"Seriously... You are still trying to act 'Mahan'? As if you are a good friend? You think I can't see the real you through this facade of care and friendship..." Yuvi almost shouted on the phone. 

"Yuvi... Suddenly why are you talking like..." MS started in a confused tone not trying to hide that it's hurting him. Though he knows that Yuvi can prank about anything and everything, The hatred in his best friends voice seemed too real. 

"Because... That's the truth... It was my dream to be the Captain of ICT from childhood... But you... You, who don't deserve it by any means ... Came in and snatched it... You think you are a great man..just by winning WC t20... But woh tera achievement nahi tha... MOS mai tha... It wasn't possible without me... you are just a credit stealer nothing else." Came the voice from the phone cutting him off.

MS was out of words he just cut the call not knowing what to say... He never denied Yuvi's contribution...Wasn't it he, who always said that Yuvi is their Trump card? But what made Yuvi feel that way? Even when he show-off about being the Captain. It's just fun and He does that only with Yuvi... But yuvi don't think so?

He sat in his room only trying to come in terms with what just happened. It Scared him. He had seen this Captaincy thing breaking the best friends apart and what if the history thing repeats... He fells miserable, to say the least. He had to talk to Yuvi... But...But what will he talk?

He came down at 10 AM get something to eat. The team had already finished there breakfast, So it lobby was almost empty. He grabbed an apple for himself and started walking back to his room, When Sachin walks into him in the corridor...

"Good morning Mahi... You ok? Looking a little off-colour?" Sachin greeted as he saw MS looking a little pale.

"yaa... I'm fine Paaji. Just couldn't sleep last night." MS said smiling perfectly hiding his emotions as usual.

"Ooo Ok... Did you call yuvi? First, He won't wake up, comes late and then blames us for not waking him up. Kiya call usse?" Sachin asked smiling adorably at Yuvi's stupid acts.