Prologue

Prologue

         Samantha Benson put down her circle-shaped bag on the small-lamp stand, beside the king-sized bed in the large suite of L'epoux Hôtel at Paris.They were here for their honeymoon, she had insisted on they coming over to France to spend their honeymoon.This has been her fantasy right from childhood and at present she felt surrounded by glee as she realised this was an achievement itself.

      Wiping off her polished face with a white napkin, she sat staring at empty space, lost in thoughts. The gush sound of the shower from the bathroom jerked her back into action, her face brightened seeing Chris come out with his muscles poised and his "Bevea shaving cream" stain on his chin with towel round his waist.

      "Darling this is just like a dream. I feel like pinching myself on the cheeks to see if it's real or not." said Samantha in joy.

      "It's reality Love, " Chris Benson added, moving closer.

     At a flash, both were enraptured in the dome of emotions and feelings. Chris placed his hands on Samantha's cheeks, eye to eye.

      Then It was unusual, strange and unexpected.The retreat was slow, like one who just saw a ghost, he withdrew as he counted his steps and stepped back, Samantha stared, being perplexed.

       Is anything strange about me tonight? Did I just act otherwise? Am I not doing it right?Did I stare too much? Should I have avoided looking into his eyes. She thought to herself.

       "I'll be at the pool, I wanna see the view and receive cool breeze too."Chris said grabbing his "Kochree knickers, slamming the door, he took his exit.

      Muddled up by this scenario, Samantha stood, shivering with fear.

"This was an honeymoon! Not a pool-organised birthday celebration for Christ's sake."

"Did I act bad or unruly in the plane? Did I munch on my chips loudly?Here was cool, unlike Nigeria where the heat could make one walk undressed in one's home though. Should I have accepted his idea of we staying at Nigeria? He didn't feel bad with we coming here. "Samantha Benson mumbled as she walked towards the bed finally settling down, still lost in thought.

Opemiplenty
Don't forget to comment, vote and share lovelies💃💃💃