Healing

This was actually the first time Shido blocked all of the kicks Kotori was sending his way.
She was clearly frustrated.
It was not hard to tell.

"You numbskull!", Kotori yelled, "Stop blocking my kicks!"

"Why...oooff...are we...ugh...fighting again?", Shido asked because he didn't understood why Kotori was suddenly so mad at him.

"You know why!", she screamed agitated while trying to land a punch in his face.

Shido barely dodged that one.

"I...mmmphh...really...ooof...don't know...why...whoo...you're so...mad at me.", he tried to react while blocking kicks and punches.

In the meantime he had to watch the furniture around him since this fight was taking place in their living room.

"Stop it, Kotori! Can we just stop for a moment?! And please! Give me an explanation!"

She stopped for a second and looked at Shido. He was still in his defense mode, knees slightly bend arms in front of his troubled face.

"Okay, okay...", she calmly responded, pausing the attacks.
"Simply put, your girlfriend is coming over and she will be joining us for dinner."

Shido was still nodding and waited for the rest of the explanation, but her body language suggested she was finished.

"Wait, wait, so that's the reason you're mad?", Shido asked confused. Lowering his guard and raising his eyebrows to confirm his disbelief.

He had to let this one sink in and as a relief a little smile appeared on his face.

"Weren't you the one who invited her over?"

Out of nowhere a pillow hit his head with an enormous speed.

"Oooff...", was the only sound Shido made after catching the soft projectile with his face. Well soft, with this speed it didn't even felt soft.

"Get up and make us dinner.", she ordered him and peeked with one eye to check if he was still alright.

Shido was still trying to recover from the pillow-headshot. He sat there in the middle of the living room and he could only smile when he thought it all over.
Shido knew Kotori already a long time now and they grew up as siblings, so he knew well enough this was all just an act.
She wasn't this cold at all. Proud. Yes.

He gestured Kotori to help him up by stretching his arm towards her. He could simply get up by himself, but he did it to confirm everything was all right between them. At first Kotori doubted his reasons, but then she smiled and helped him back up.

"Allright princess, I will. What is it you would like to eat tonight?"

Kotori didn't pay attention to Shido's condescending manner.

"I don't know, big bro. Probably something our guest likes to eat?"

"When did she..? Didn't we...? When I think about it...I have never seen her actually eat....", he almost whispered.

"Are you kidding me?! You took her out on a date and the two of you didn't eat? You went right to the lingerie store together? Again? It's more like a physical relationship? I can't believe this, Shido!", Kotori ranted. "You're just like the rest of the boys!! When you're around a beautiful girl like her, you can only think with your..."

"Wait, what? No, it's not like that!!!", he quickly interrupted her in vain, since Kotori wasn't listening at all. And his wild gestures didn't help to convince her either.

"Okay, so then why don't you just call her and ask her what she likes to eat?"

"I don't know her number either.... I don't even know if she actually owns a cellphone." He laughed sheepishly and scratched the back of his head.