★ | 167. cheer up sunshine, shadowhunters

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 167: Cheer Up Sunshine, Shadowhunters
Word Count: 1150

Alec stood at the back of the room, watching the guy he was in love with flirt with the girl he hated

Alec stood at the back of the room, watching the guy he was in love with flirt with the girl he hated. Ever since Clary Fray came onto their lives, he and Jace just weren't the same and now he knew he had no chance with him... even less of a change than he did before. 

Isabelle looked at him sympathetically. "Alec..." She hated seeing her brother so hurt, especially when there was a guy in the institute who was perfect for him. Another shadowhunter called, [name]. He would always talk to her about how attractive he found Alec. She had to get them together.

"I'm fine." Alec unintentional snapped at her. He looked down at the ground, trying to keep his emotions in check. He simply had to just leave. He couldn't watch them anymore, it was too heartbreaking.

Isabelle watched him go. He was so sad all the time and she was going to be the one to change that. With one last annoyed look towards Jace and Clary, she left the room as well and made her way to where she knew [name] was going to be.

He was a tech person and was attached to his screens. If you needed information on anything, you would go to him and he would have it within minutes with a little extra fact thrown in. He was incredibly smart. A hot nerd in Isabelle's own words.

"Hello cutie." She greeted as she slid up next to him, sending him on of her dazzling smiles.

He looked back up at her through his thick rimmed glasses. They made the colour of his eyes pop out even more. "Hey Isabelle!" He greeted back enthusiastically. "And what can I do for you today?"

"Are you free tonight?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Um, I'm not to sure. I have a lot of work to do and I was planning to work through the night. Honestly wasn't planning on getting any sleep and just fueling my coffee addiction... but I might be able to get out of it if you have something important for me to do."

"Well, I wouldn't say it's the end of the world important but..." She trailed off with a wide smirk. "By brother wants to see you tonight. Like a date. He wanted me to ask you to meet up with him in the private room at the back. You know, the one you need a special key to get into. This one." She held it up between her fingers, feeling brighter when she saw how exited he was getting.

"H-He wants to go out with me? Are you serious? I can definitely get out of work tonight. I mean, I'll just have a crap tone to do tomorrow night but it'll be so worth it." His smile was so wide his cheeks began to hurt. "What time did he want me to meet him there?"

"Eight o'clock on the dot. Don't be late. You know how Alec gets when someone is tardy." She wiggled her finger at him. "I'll go tell him you said yes. He's going to be so excited." She practically skipped away from the man and made her way to the training room. She was sure he would be there, letting out some anger.

"No offence, Isabelle but I really want to be alone right now." He said once he saw her.

"I can't leave before I tell you that I set you up on a date tonight with the hottest nerd in the institute." She knew Alec wouldn't be happy at first so she wasn't surprised when he looked shocked and angry.

"You did what?!"

"Oh, come on. Don't act all grumpy about it. This guy is really into you and he was so happy about the date. You can't back out otherwise you'll break his heart." She pointed at him warningly. "You'll go on this date tonight and you'll be happy. Trust me. You'll thank me in the future when you're in love and getting married."

"This isn't a joke, Isabelle!" Alec eyes were wide. "You can't do that! I don't want to go on a date with anyone and now you've gotten this guy's hopes up that- wait a second... someone likes me? Who is it?" His tone completely changed as he asked, a new sense of curiosity within him.

"If you want to know, you'll have to show up tonight." She smirked at him. "And trust me, you don't want to miss your chance on being with him. He's a great guy." She knew she had got him now.

There was no chance he wouldn't go. She would make sure of that.

★ ★ ★

Alec did show up that night and when he entered he couldn't believe how much Isabelle had romanticised the room. Unfortunately, the mysterious man hadn't shown up yet and he was anxious to see who it was.

He sat down at the table, candles in front of him and a plate of hot food. He put his hand on his chin and leaned forward. The door opened and his head whipped to the side to see who it was.

"Um, hey." [name] greeted nervously with a small blush on his face. He slowly walked to the table and sat down across from Alec. "It's good to see you."

Alec was in shock at who it was. It was safe to say he hadn't been expecting his person to show up. [name] always seemed to stick to himself and Alec had never really talked to him before unless it was about a mission.

The silence was starting to get to [name] and he cleared his throat. "I, um, I'm really glad you wanted to do this. I mean, I really like you and was so surprised when Isabelle told me you wanted to see him. I didn't think you would like me back."

Alec held himself back and didn't say that it hadn't been him to ask him out and it had all been Isabelle. That would only hurt [name] so he simply smiled and nodded his head. "Thank you for coming."

[name] blushed and smiled, picking up his fork and putting a chunk of food in his mouth. Suddenly, his face looked disgusted and he swallowed the food. "Did you, um, did you cook this?"

Alec looked down at the food. "No, I think..." He looked back up and pursed his lips. "Isabelle did." That would explain the rotten taste. The girl couldn't cook to save her life. "I wouldn't eat that if I were you. Sorry."

[name] put the fork back down and laughed, "at least she tried."

Even though they couldn't eat anything, the date went surprisingly well and for the first time in a long time, Alec hadn't thought about Jace once.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio