Chapter 1

Sophie awoke to the sound of her alarm clock buzzing. "7 am already?" she mumbled, still feeling sleepy. She slammed the snooze button and turned around in her bed.

1 hour and twelve snooze-slams later, she finally sat up, and stretched. She yawned a lion's yawn as she sat there, tying up her hair, before she stood up and walked over to her bathroom. As she finished brushing her teeth, she felt an urge to answer nature's call. She took off her pyjama top and bottom and tossed them into the laundry basket. She then turned her gaze to the white thing hanging from her waist. It was a slightly wet adult diaper.

Curled up comfortably in her bed the night before, laptop on lap watching an old Disney movie – The Rescuers - she had felt extremely lazy to undo her diaper to pee, just to re-tape it back again. "It's simply doing its job. Besides, mum doesn't really care", she reasoned as she let more liquid fall into it, to be soaked up. But she had to take it off anyway.

Perhaps it was the cold gust of air that hit her privates, but as she took it off, she felt that numb nagging sensation nudging her bottom. She then was literally frozen for a few moments there with the wet diaper still unfolded in her hand, wanting to put it back on, but she summoned all her willpower not to. Instead, she lowered herself, very reluctantly, onto the toilet.

She sat there and pushed. Nothing. She pushed gain. Still nothing. She squirmed, lifted her legs, grunted, and squirmed some more, but the numb nagging sensation remained, with no result. Giving up, she stood up and walked to her shower, not even bothering to flush as she knew there was nothing to flush.

*****

Sophie eventually came out of the shower, smelling nicely of soap. As she started to get dressed, she remembered that almost forgot something. She rolled her eyes walked over to her closet, pulled open the lowest drawer, and pulled out another diaper from the pack. She walked over to her bed and spread it open, and promptly lay on top of it. As she proceeded to diaper herself she talked out aloud, as she usually did.

"Why must I have this stupid chronic constipation? 'Stick'... Why can't I just poop and just ...'Stick'... get it done with? Why must it be so excruciating? 'Stick'... And most importantly, WHY MUST I STILL WEAR DIAPERS?" 'Stick'. The final tape was in place.

As she sat up, she knew that she knew the answer for her last question. She was kind of glad that her parents still allowed her to wear diapers whenever her chronic constipation flared up, so that she could go anytime that she needed to, but hiding them from her friends proved such a pain in the (bottom) as the constipation itself. Nevertheless, they helped to keep her bowels relaxed, tension being the reason why she could not go in the toilet during those times. For that, she was grateful.

She stood up to adjust her diaper, and looked into her mirror. A skinny fourteen year old girl looked back, looking just like any reflection of a fourteen year old girl. Except, this girl was wearing a diaper. Sighing, she continued to get dressed, hoping that one day, she might just meet another person, another girl who wore diapers like her.

*****

It was nearly 9 am when Sophie stepped into the kitchen. Waiting for her at the dinner table was her mom, reading a magazine. It was a Friday morning and her father had left for work but her mom did not have to work that day. At the first sight of her daughter, Mrs Brown beamed.

"Good morning Sophie", she said, putting down her book.

"Morning mum," Sophie said cheerfully as she sat beside her mother.

"How was your late night movie? Oh, no worry, I'll get you your breakfast", Mrs Brown said.

"Haha thanks mum.", Sophie said. She liked it whenever her mother was at home in the mornings, she often got little treats such as these.

"The movie was funny, Bernard was so adorable!" Mrs Brown smiled as she stood up and got her a bowl of cereal.

"So," Mrs Brown continued when she had returned, her smile fading a little, "did you manage to go in your diaper this morning?" she enquired.

Sophie shook her head. "My belly is still rather hard this morning though, and a little sore."

"Really? Let me feel", Mrs Brown said, getting more concerned.

She lifted up Sophie's blouse and felt her lower abdomen. Indeed it felt as hard as stone. Sophie quickly pushed her mother's hand away.

"It hurts," Sophie said in a small voice.

Don't worry dear, it will go away soon, it's been 4 days already." "Maybe things would get better tonight," Mrs Brown added comfortingly. Sophie nodded. "Remember to wear a diaper to school, okay?"

"I am already wearing one mum", Sophie said, turning a slight shade of pink. She picked up her spoon and started mouthing down her cereal.

Mrs Brown didn't seem to notice that and she went on. "It seems like all the junk food that you've had so far this holiday has messed up your system. We really need to cut down on those burgers, pizzas and burritos."

Sophie nodded as she continued eating.

"Remember to eat your veggies for lunch, drink lots of water, not sodas, and rub your tummy if it hurts... are you listening?" Mrs Brown's eyes narrowed as she scanned her daughter's expression.

Sophie looked up, her mouth full of cereal. "Uh huh"

"Good. And also chew your food properly and..."

Sophie's mother was a strong advocate of not studying at home as there were just too many distractions, like the Bed, the Sofa, the TV, and of course, the fridge. As a result, Sophie spent a lot of time studying in school, usually with her friends. Sometimes she and her best friends would head out to the park to study, but that was rare. As her parents were bringing her out for a week-long holiday to a surprise location the next week, Sophie figured it would be better if she completed her homework by this first week, before leaving for the trip.

Sophie had packed her school bag the night before. If everything went to plan, she might be able to complete her holiday assignments by the day's end. She had packed her books and homework, along with whatever she needed. She also packed in two diapers and some wipes, just in case. Not that she needed more, but just enough to change, if she felt lazy and needed it. She went up to her room to get her backpack, and came back down

"Could I stay at home instead mum", Sophie asked hopefully. "Well, you know you need to complete your holiday assignments, and it is best you complete them in a quiet and conducive environment sweetie", Mrs Brown said. "A little pain won't do any harm, so don't worry", she added.

Sophie realised she was right. She waved goodbye to her mother, and took a bus to school, reaching it at about 10am, about twenty minutes later.