Chapter 5

Ronald turned back to face a smiling Feebles and the young couple that wanted to hire Duza's Party.

- "Mister Feebles... and Mister Taly... Miss Ari... since when are you..."

Taly was smiling.

- "We entered right after you, but you were so distracted talking with that woman in the green dress that you did not even saw us. Love is such a beautiful thing, isn't it? So, while we eat, can we talk with your Party Leader?"

Ronald pointed with his hand towards Duza.

- "I think so, but you can ask her, she is Miss Duza Sonanji."

Taly had some trouble stopping his laughter and Ari elbowed him on his side.

- "Stop that, you stupid brat! Forgive this guy, Miss Duza, he has the bad habit of speaking before thinking. But you must also agree that seeing you like that after being told about your reputation as a dangerous Adventurer in this City is too surprising in its own manner."

Duza nodded while frowning towards Mira.

- "Yeah, I knew it was a bad idea putting on this dress, but my sister thought it would look good on me and it would also be appropriate for a walk around the City..."

Ari smiled.

- "She was right, you know? It does look good on you. And judging by the looks these guys around us are making, I am not the only one thinking that way."

Duza took a quick look around and she noticed some appreciative looks towards her. She felt a little awkward, and she didn't know what to say. Ari held her arm and pointed to an empty table.

- "Shall we seat over there? You may have some questions for us, and we have some for you as well."

Duza pointed to the table where Ini, Ovaidel, and Reylom were.

- "Over there, near my companions. We need to join one more table to make room for all of us."

- "As you wish. Taly, dear, can you get some chairs for us? Or you are really waiting to see if someone works for you? Don't you frown at me, move already! Sometimes I just don't know what to do with him! Men..."

Duza smiled, and she went to meet the others. Ronald followed her, with Woof at one side and Feebles on the other. Mira and a servant brought food for everyone. When they seated, Feebles asked:

- "I don't know if I can be here, you wish to talk among yourselves, I am not needed for..."

Duza interrupted him.

- "By all means, Mister Feebles, you were the one to arrange all this. If you didn't talk about Ronald to them, we wouldn't be here. So, first thing first, who are you two?"

Ari slowly shook her head.

- "No need to know, for the completion of the job for which we are hiring you."

- "Neither the less, I need to know that, or at least, be assured that you aren't being targeted by some envious Noble family that wants your lands. And also, to believe that you won't run from us without paying for the escort service."

- "That will not be a problem. No one knows us in this region, and we left our country disguised as Merchants in a caravan that was leaving. And trust goes both ways, Miss Duza. We trust in a man that was able to gain the trust of a wild wolf. We trust you because he does. As for the others... Well, let's just say that I don't like what I see. A beardy tall man that looks angry with everything, another one that is looking at me with mischievous eyes like if he wants to undress me by force, and another one that's hiding his features by that hood over his head. But if you trust them, so shall we. As for the payment, we already told Mister Ronald the amount and our terms for the payment."