Chapter 9

*Sky*

"Can you let Mr. True know that Sky Adams, "soon to be De La Cruz." Stephen interrupted with a grin. "And Stephen De La Cruz are here to see him." I continued glaring at him.

"Really?"

He shrugged his shoulders with a huge smile on his face.

The receptionist picked up the phone and relayed the message.

"Go right in." She said with a smile.

Stephen took my hand in his and he opened the door for me waiting for me to walk in ahead of him.

"Ms. Adams"

"Mr. De La Cruz." Mr. True said standing to his feet and shaking Stephen's hand.

"Please sit," He said as he sat back down.

I sat down and Stephen followed.

"Congratulations on your baby and engagement." He smiled.

"Thank you." I said not knowing what else to say.

"Babies are such a blessing. Are you hoping for a girl or boy?" He asked.

"I honestly haven't even thought about it. I'm still so early in my pregnancy. But I'll be happy with either." I smiled up at him.

"I'm hoping for a daughter who looks just like her beautiful mother." Stephen said looking over at me.

Was it crazy that my heart melted at his answer?

He placed his hand on mine and he met my eyes so much love shinning in them.

"To be young and in love. There is nothing in the world like it." Mr. True smiled at us.

"Here is your exit package." He said handing me a manilla envelope.

I took it and decided to not open it till I was out of here.

"I hate to lose you, but I understand Mr. De La Cruz is going to have you take on a big project. Think of us if you need any help with anything. He smiled at me.

"I will." I smiled thinking that I was going to try and steal Jason and add him to my team.

"Thank you again for allowing Sky to leave with a good record." Stephen said standing up.

"I won't forget this." He said shaking his hand.

"It was my pleasure to be able to help." He said with a warm smile.

"Well that went well." Stephen joked as James opened the car door for us.

"I hate you." I said getting in and leaning my head back against the seat.

He was forever putting me in uncomfortable situations, and I didn't like it.

"So what happens next?" I asked my eyes closed.

"Seeing how sick you get has me worried about you being here by yourself. I don't want you to go through that alone." He said as my eyes opened.

He was watching me intently and he was sitting way to close for comfort.

"Come home with me. You know I have plenty of room. I'll have an office set up for you so you can start working right away."

"Okay." I said surprising him.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Why don't I believe you." He said eyeing me suspiciously.