♥︎ Chaptah 1 ♥︎

♠︎ Reese's P.O.V. ♠︎
Ring!! Ring!!
What the freaking baloney! I sit up in my bed and turn off the alarm clock. I squint and it becomes less blurry. I struggle to clearly see the time, but I manage to see it.

3:41 am.

Why is my clock ringing at this time? I curl up in bed for a few extra hours of sleep...

"WHAT ARE YA DOING IN BED, REESE!! IT'S FREAKING 8:45!!" my brother Jack yells. "8:45?" I ask. "Naw. It's just 3:45." Jack throws up his hands. "Look at the clock," he says. I look at the clock.

8:47 am.

"OH NO! IT'S THE FIRST DAY! I CAN'T BE LATE!" I yell.

"Oh, well, you're going to be if you don't move," Jack says.

I don't need to be told a second time. I jump out of bed and do my morning stuff.

The smell of pancakes wafts through my nose. I wolf down one, and tell my babysitter that I'm going to go. She nods, and I walk across the street to Karla's house.

Karla is eating brekky. She looks at me, crumbs spilling out of her mouth. "Yeah," she says, "I'll be done in a minute."

Less than a minute passes, and Karla and I are walking to school. The walk is quiet, except for Karla's occasional sniffs. I guess her asthma's coming back.

The school is just in front of us. We cross the street and enter the main hall.

"Name?" asks an administrator who I don't know.

"Reese Janet M. Pacson," I say.

"Karla Jessica T. Mendoza," Karla says.

The administrator makes us sign a paper, and she says, "Next."

We aren't too far away, then we hear a boy. When the administrator asks for his name, he simply says, "Espanto." She looks him in the eye. "First name?" she asks. "Darren," he says. She sighs and makes him sign.

Both Karla and I haven't seen him before, and we haven't gotten a good look at him. We go to the class list in front of the principal's office. We look for our names, and find them together, in class 8-E. We walk towards class.

The teacher isn't in here yet. Several groups of kids are chatting. Karla and I
choose two seats next to each other in the middle row. We decide to talk.

"Are you joining the ATS?" Karla asks. "Y'know, the annual talent show..."
"Nah," I reply. "I'm watching, though."
"I'll join," Karla says, putting on a brave face.
"Really? What talent?" I ask.
"Singing," she says.
The door creaks open. Karla and I look. It's the Darren Espanto dude.

OMG.

He's so handsome!!!

I wink at Karla. She nods.

Darren takes the seat beside me. He looks at me. It's a bit awkward, but he just nods.

"Hey, I'm Darren," he says.

"Yeahhhhh. I'm Reese, and this is Karla."

"Hi," says Karla.

He nods again. "You guys got the best seats," he says.

"Yeahhhh," I'm not sure of what to say.

Our conversation ends, and the teacher comes in.

"Good morning! I am Ms. Ella Javelosa, and I will be your adviser this school year."

"Good morning," the class murmurs.

Ms. Ella scans the class. "Do we have any new students?" she asks.
Darren, a boy, a girl, and another girl raise their hands.

"Why don't you guys come over here? Tell your name and three facts about you," she says.

Darren goes first. "I am Darren Espanto. I am 13 years old, I enjoy singing, and I like Roblox."

Then, a girl introduces herself. "My name is Camille Santos, I am a YouTuber, I like musical theater, and I have a dog named Mushi."

A boy goes next. "I am Juan Karlos Labajo. I am from Cebu. I like Bamboo. Not the grass. The person." Everyone laughs. "Oh, and I'm single." Everyone laughs harder.

A girl goes next. "Ok, so I am Twittle Dizon. Instagram addict, loves songs, not yet taken." She smiles at Juan Karlos. He's taken aback.

Ms. Ella smiles. "Thank you, students. Do you have any questions for them?"

This boy, Tristan Angelo R. De Villa, who was my classmate last year asks, "What's your name on Roblox?"

"IMrDomino," Darren replies.

"Dude, I'm gonna add you," Tristan says. "My name is TristanFire."

This is going to be a long day.

*Skip dem subjectz*

It's recess. Karla and I are nomming on sandwiches, and the girl called Camille catches our eye.

She looks around nervously, and looks at us. She sighs in relief and sits down at our table. "H-hey, you're my classmates, right?"

"Um, yah, we are," Karla says.

"Well, I don't know anyone here. There are so much people and I saw you guys, may I sit here?" she asks.

"Sure!" I say. She sighs and takes out a wallet. She buys ice cream, and returns.

"The food here is really good," she comments.

Then, Darren sees us. "Ohhhhh, it's you guys!" he says. "May I sit here?" he asks.

"Ok!!" I say.

He looks at Camille. "You know them?" he asks.

Camille looks at him. "Erm, no."

"That's Reese and that's Karla," he says, pointing at us. Camille nods and waves.

Recess is almost over. Darren checks his watch.

"Hey, since you guys are my new friends, I'll treat you to dinner after class," he offers."

Camille blushes. She looks to the ground and says, "Oh, um, maybe next time."

Darren looks just as awkward.

Hmmm, something's fishy.