△ Chaptah 9 △

1 year later....

Reese's P.O.V.

I'm currently with Joaquin Reyes in Taco Bell. I call for a waiter.
"What'll that be, honey?" she asks with a notepad.
I tell her my order.
"And for your boyfriend?" she asks.
We both blush as Joaquin tells.

Basically, New York didn't go so well. I stopped being in The Voice Kids because of the move and left Camille, JK, and Darren hanging. I heard Camille lost battles but Darren and JK won the whole competiton. We moved to Arizona and I met Joaquin at school. Currently, we are just chilling here.

"So, you're pretty cool, Reese," he tells me.
"Yeah," I say.

Our conversation goes on. I forget about Darren. Joaquin is cooler.

When our meetup ends and we're walking home, he pecks me on the cheek and leaves.

Darren's P.O.V.

I haven't forgotten about Reese, but I have another girlfriend now. I'm kinda guilty. What if she still loves me?

Her name is Zoe Santiago. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She's pretty, but my mind is still set on Reese. It's been a year. Why can't I just move on?

After our meetup in the park, we go our separate ways. When I reach home, my mom looks very happy for me. "We're visiting Reese!!" she says. I'm so happy! I get to be with her again!

The next morning, I dump Zoe. She's somewhat popular, so word quickly goes around that we're not a thing anymore.

She goes to my table during lunch. "Why do you have to break my heart, Darren?" she asks. Her friend, Annabeth Castro, pulls her away. "Face it, Zoe. You've been friendzoned."

**************************
THE NEXT DAY

"Boarding: Flight YH-2822 bound for Singapore," a voice announces over the loudspeaker. I pull Lynelle over to the area. With my dad's cards, we quickly cut the line and go inside the plane. I fall asleep.

2 hours later, our plane lands in Singapore. "Is this Arizona?" Lynelle asks. "No, this is our stopover," I tell her. "Ok, Kuya Darren!" she says.

At the airport, we take a shuttle to our hotel. Our flight is scheduled tomorrow anyway. It's 10 pm and Lynelle quickly falls asleep. I wake her up. We change into our pajamas, then we sleep.

The next morning, I wake up in a seat on a plane. Turns out, my mom and dad carried us all the way here just so we would get the 8-hour sleep! Parents these days!

It's 6:45 am. I wake up at 7:00 on most days, so I decide just to sleep a little more.

When I wake up, it's still 6:45 am. How?

I later find out that a whole day passed and I was just asleep. The plane lands. In the airport, I can see Reese's dad, my Tito Randall, holding up an "ESPANTO FAMILY" sign. We awkwardly walk over, and he leads us to their car.

Reese is inside wearing black headphones and a gray top. Her hair is much longer. Now the tips are dirty blonde. She doesn't look at me or even say hi.

"Hello, Reese." I say.
"Mhm."
"We came to see you," I tell her.
"Mhm."
"It's been a year."
"Mhm."
"I missed you.
"Mhm."
"I'm sleeping with you."
"WHAT???" She hits me with a pillow.
"We're sleeping in your room," I tell her.
"Don't you have, like, a hotel?" she asks.
"No, because your dad offered accomodation," I answer.
"Dad!" she whispers. I can hear her clearly. "I'm going to Joaquin's!" she says. "Fine," he says. "We'll just entertain them alone," he tells her. "Okay, cause it's awkward," she says, as she slumps back in her seat. I peek at her iPod, and the song is Can't Blame a Girl For Trying. You can't blame a boy trying, either.

When we get to their house, Reese leaves quickly. What's wrong?

Reese's P.O.V.

I go to Joaquin's house. "What's up, bae?" he asks.
"The ceiling," I answer. He laughs. I peck him on the lips.
"I saw a guy at your house," he says.
"Jack?" I ask.
"No, another guy."
"Oh, that's Darren."
"Who's Darren?"
I slump back on the sofa. "I don't even know anymore."

Darren's P.O.V.

Reese comes home. After hours of ignorance, we are in he double-decker bed. I'm at the bottom. Then, she speaks.

"I don't like you, Darren," she says. "I have a boyfriend."
"Really?" I ask, hurt. "Who?"
"Joaquin Lucas Miguel Saavadre Reyes."
"I dumped mine for you," I tell her.
"Really?"
"Really."
"Really is our always."
"Was."
"Good night, Reese."
"Good night Darren.