Chapter 9

This morning I woke up with energy to spare. Jumping out of bed and quickly getting ready for the day, I am excited despite how last night ended.

I still can't believe I got married yesterday. I don't feel any different. Am I supposed to feel different? Unlike my opinion a couple days ago when I found out, I am actually okay with that. Either way I couldn't have done anything about it, so here we are.

I could have been married off to someone so much worse, or ugly. I know that sounds superficial, but can you really blame a girl for wanting a hot husband?

I have heard horror stories of some of the girls who get shipped off to abusive and horrid husbands. I can thank my stars for still being safe.

I took a shower when I got up and ate a small breakfast. On my way down the stairs to the kitchen I had seen Branson standing at attention by the door, like always.

I decide to head over to him and question him. "Hello Branson." I said as I stood in front of him and smiled.

He tilted his head down to me and replied "Morning Miss." then he looked back up and appeared to be done with the conversation. Unfortunately for him I wasn't done with him yet.

"Branson, I must insist you call me Layla. Now, did my husband ever come home last night?" I question, but I already knew the answer to that anyways.

"No, ma'....Layla. Sir did not come home." He was trying to avoid eye contact with me, not knowing what my response would be.

"Alrightly then, please have the car ready in ten minutes." I then turned myself around and started towards the stairs.

I heard Branson question me, but I ignored him as I ascended the stairs. He won't get me to stay here no matter how hard he tries.

I went to my room and headed straight for my closet. I grab a matching set. Navy blue sports bra and leggings with mesh detail. Then I put my hair into a high ponytail and grabbed sneakers and my headphones.

I head to the front door and see Branson talking with the driver. I approach the two men and ask if they are ready to go.

"Miss Layla, where do you think you are going this morning?" He gives me a stern look but I simply smile at him as I respond.

"To see my husband." I lean in a little closer as though it's a secret. "And I don't need any man's permission to do anything." I answer and then walk to the car as the driver opens the back seat for me.

The drive is pretty boring, but I insist that we play some music as we drive. Alex doesn't seem to like music and that makes the drives excruciating.

I enter the building and head straight too the stairs that lead to the gym. On the climb up once I turn the corner to continue, I bump into someone. It takes me back for a moment as I find my footing once more.

I look up and take a glance at the woman I collided with. She stands tall and she puffs her chest out, she extrudes power even from just her stance. She is very fit and dressed in all black. She has a couple neck tattoos that I can see.

"Oh I am sorry, I wasn't paying any attention." She looks mortified as soon as she looks at my face. She must recognize me from somewhere. Her body is shaking with fear as she turns her gaze towards the floor. "Oh no, Miss O'Sullivan, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to..."

I cut her off by waving my hand. "Absolutely not, my name is Layla. I don't want to be treated any differently because of my husband's affiliation here. I am a normal girl, I run into people all the time as well."