Chapter 5

Why can't humans just accept and live in peace with androids? That is the question that had been on my mind for the past few weeks. Still I am yet to find a proper place to stay. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps in the distance. I turned to see a group of people, no, a group of androids. They seemed to be more like marching instead of walking. I wanted to know what they were doing but I didn't want to bother  them. They were somewhat intimidating. I moved out of their way and out of their line of sight. Or so I thought. One of them had put their hand on my shoulder. I turned to face them and I was immediately greeted by a familiar face.
"What are you doing here?"
"I had no where to go."
"Are you saying you're homeless?"
I only nodded in response to him.
He seemed in a hurry but at the same time generally concerned for me.
"What are your thoughts on androids?"
"I believe that androids deserve to be treated fairly with respect and equal rights to that of humans."
I was telling the truth and he seemed to believe me. Not many people do since... that day.
"How about you come with us, you could be a big help to our people."
"Wait really?"
"Yeah, you are one of the only humans that understands what us androids are going through and believe we should be treated fairly."
"Where would I go?"
"Come with us to Jericho. A place where androids can live freely."
"Well if you think it would be alright for me to join you guys, then alright."
And with that they lead me back to their home the place they call Jericho.