Chapter One

'Tonight would be different,'

Kurt Anderson thought to himself. He looked at his rearview mirror while driving his Aston Martin luxury car in the busy streets of Los Angeles and smiled with complete satisfaction. He is wearing a black V neck slim type long sleeves that complimented his fair skin tone and fit body.

Upon arriving on his destination, he immediately looked for a spot to park his car and looked for his friends afterwards.

Kurt quickly spotted his oddball friends, a short sophisticated looking guy with a cute smile and a very handsome guy with a pale skin. He waved at them and they glared at him in return. Kurt smiled guiltily.

"Hey, man! You're late as always!" One of his friends, Al, greeted him with wide grin as he paced towards their location.

"Late with style!" He laughed while accepting a friendly fist bump with them.

"We thought you'd back out knowing we'd meet here tonight!" Al teased him while laughing carelessly.

"Don't be so stupid, Al! You know I like women as much as you two stupid guys do."
Kurt grinned foolishly knowing that Al would miscalculate his thoughts. Well, they'd guessed wrong.

Al walked towards him and whispered something. "But I called you and you said you won't come!" Al was clearly shocked by his action.

Kurt just shrugged at Al's statement.

"You lost our bet, man! You owe me!" He heard Jorden asked Al of his price for their silly bet.

"Come on! It was just a joke! I know Kurt would come." Al looked at him and laughed.

"Still, you owe me, man!"

"Come on guys! Let's go and have some fun tonight!" Kurt stopped them and went his way towards the entrance.

Just when they decided to enter the club, Al's phone rang so they momentarily stopped and waited for him.

"Hell! It's Kath!" Al panicked.

"Answer it." Kurt said to him.

"She's gonna kill me!"

"No, she won't." Jorden grinned. "She's just gonna be very nosy."

"But.."

"For the love of God, just..." Kurt stopped there and controlled his temper.

Al just nodded and went near his car to talk to his girlfriend.

Yeah. It is hell. Kath, Al's current girlfriend and colleague at work called his friend to check on him, maybe. Al could bring the best version of him when Kat is there but she couldn't bring out the worst in him. He pities his friend for being such a dimwit when it comes to Kath but then again, he can't meddle with his friend's affair.

Lucky him, he thought, he's not just into committing to someone who thinks they can own you. That's what he observed in Al and Kath's relationship. Well, in Al's defense, he's just trying to be considerate because of Kath's OCD.

Jorden, on the other hand, is just the same as him--not in the mood to commit.

"What is it?" He heard Jorden asked Al with curiosity.

"Controlling my alcohol level, keeping away women, the usual." Al rolled his eyes and sighed with much defiance. Kurt knows how much Al obeys his girlfriend but he knows better when Al does that foolish expression on his face.

"Yeah! That's what I thought!" Jorden grinned at Al.

He just smirked and walked towards the entrance. "Women."

He just heard Jorden and Al laugh behind him.

********

Hope hurriedly entered the bar and immediately looked for her friend who is waiting at her inside. She was agitated about the thought of her stupid boyfriend breaking up with him earlier.
Looking at a full revolution, she instantly spotted her brown-haired friend.

"Hey! Thanks for coming!" She greeted Camille........

********

Hope dismissed herself at the dancefloor and went to the bar to buy some drinks. She needed some air. She ran towards it when she felt a slight impact of someone's shoulder bumped into hers.

"Hey, what the hell? You just ruined my pants!"

She heard the man utter a growl at her but she just ignored his own sentiments to his pants. No one could blame him though, their collision made his punch go all over his pants. She was shocked. Hell, she was speechless by what has happened.

"Shouldn't you be saying sorry now?" The man asked impatiently. She saw him cross his arms and raise an eyebrow at her.

"Hey, man! You're being mean! It was just an accident!" His friend reminded him then turned to her and smiled. "Sorry, miss! Don't mind him, he's just being a jerk! I'm Jorden by the way, this one is Al," turned to the other man in his right then to the other side, "and this egoistic one is Kurt."

Should she walk away? Smile? She finally decided and she chose the latter. She just nodded and sheepishly smiled to the man then walked away.

"Hey, my friend here just introduced to you. Shouldn't you be introducing yourself?"

She stopped for a moment and met his eyes. He's really tall so she literally bent her head up only to see his green eyes glow with anger. She was stupefied by what she saw so she reciprocated his actions. Afterall, she is not in the mood to be considerate.

"It's none of your damn business. Jorden introduced you guys to me. I didn't ask for it in the first place. Now, back off!" She turned away but it was too late because the egoistic man, Kurt, she thinks, grabbed her hand and let her face him. He saw his face controlling his outburst.

At first, she was startled by his authoritative look but then again, she said to herself that he can't do anything to her. Not in this place, she guessed.

Still not letting go of her hand, she raised an eyebrow and smirked at him. "What? You think I'm scared?"

"Uh-oh, wrong answer." She heard Al speaking to Jorden in a low voice.

"Uhh... Why don't you just go ahead to where you're originally going, miss?" Jorden smiled hesitantly at her and forced a smile at Kurt signaling him to let go.

She suddenly felt his grip loosening, thanks to Jorden, and heaved a sigh. "Next time, watch yourself, lady." He uttered in a calm tone.

She just nodded at him and suddenly felt guilty but decided to conceal it. She turned to his friends and smiled at them. They smiled and waved at her in return.

"Very lucky, indeed, Hope!" She sarcastically said to herself then continued walking to the bar."Get me two beers, please!"