Chapter 6

The next day, the classroom was in utter chaos. 

Koro-sensei's annoying 'doubles' had tripled in numbers, the alleyways between seats now completely overrun by slightly blurred yellow octopus's. Some of them even wore costumes, much to Azumi's chagrin. It seemed she wasn't the only one annoyed, as irritated expressions rose from all across the classroom while others looked overwhelmed by the multiple figures looming over them. An entire lesson was spent like this, and by the end, Koro-sensei was left as a puddle at the front of the classroom, face inflamed with exhaustion and a fan slowly brushing air over his yellow skin.

"You know, he does look pretty beat" Maehara observed, his eyes narrowed as the class crowded around him and observed the teacher with blank expressions. They were all tired after the intense study session, but it seemed that they were not nearly as tired as their teacher.

"Maybe now's our chance" Nakamura grinned devilishly, a dagger surfacing in her hand from seemingly nowhere. 

"Why's he teaching us that hard anyway?" Okajima asked, raising an eyebrow at their deflated teacher in confusion. His question elicited a chuckle from their teacher, who seemed more amused by his exhaustion than anything else. Azumi, who felt as if she'd been run over by a train in the background, could admire his dedication. She, even if she had a top speed of Mach-20, would not be nearly dedicated enough nor have the energy to do such a thing for so long.

"All to get your test scores up! If that happens... and with no fear of being killed, I'd be rolling in good fortune!" Koro-sensei grinned, his face turning pink as he trailed off mid-sentence. The scenario in his head seemed to finish the sentence for him, as he turned away and began to giggle quietly to himself while no doubt imaging a perverted scene.

"Uh... The whole studying part is fine and all..." Mimura chuckled awkwardly, turning to Yada who stood beside him. The two exchanged an awkward smile, not wanting to break it to the teacher while both sharing the same though.

"Yeah... But if we assassinate him, we get 10 billion yen" Yada agreed, her confirmation making Nakamura grin brightly. The blonde lifted her hands behind her head and grinned at the students who were all smiling awkwardly as well.

"And with 10 billion, you don't need good grades to live the good life!" Nakamura confessed, making the yellow octopus screech in utter horror. Azumi winced quietly to herself, sympathising with the teacher who was putting in his all only to get brushed off in such a blunt manner. She was broken out of her thoughts by a poke on her cheek, the brunette not even needing to glance over to know who it was.

"You're oddly expressive today" Karma mused, his eyes narrowing in an amused manner. He leaned over the end of his desk with his head cocked to the side, as he studied the expression of the brunette who did not have the patience to deal with him today.

"Expressive? Am I not allowed to be sympathetic?" Azumi asked, turning to send him a glare of warning, something in which the red-head promptly ignored. Her retort, however, caught his interest, and Karma was not giving up until he got an answer from her. 

"Why would you be sympathetic? Wouldn't you like 10 billion?" Karma asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl. Azumi rolled her eyes as she sunk back onto her desk, her chin resting on her forearm as she turned her gaze back to the front of the classroom.

"Wouldn't you like to know, weather boy" Azumi muttered quietly on her breath, which confused the red-head even more. Before Karma could ask what either of her comments meant, the students all began to file out of the classroom with confused expressions. Koro-sensei, with a grim on his expression, called Azumi and Karma over before promptly leaving the classroom. Azumi and Karma exchanged a glance, both equally confused, before trailing out after their classmates.