A Letter to the Mother

Dear mom,

I guess am writing for the third time to you and I ask you to forgive me for it. You sent me here with lots of dreams and blessings of yours. But success blinded me and I forgot you. I remember the sacrifices you made for me. I remember how you worked so hard to save for my studies. After dad expired, it was very difficult but you still managed to incur my expenses.

I remember you working without getting any sleep so I could buy my books. It was so strenuous for you that even when you were ill you worked and without getting medicines for yourself you collected the money for me. I remember how happy you were when you got to know that I received a scholarship for my further studies here in USA. I can barely forget that smile on your face. I have never seen you happier than that. You allowed me to come here without any hesitation. Of-course you must have thought that I will return back after my studies and become a successful man here and will relieve you with all that hardship and take care of you. You must have had so many dreams for me. I remember writing you from here for the first time when I got admission in the university. I was so happy and you were as angry as I had forgotten to write when I reached. Days passed and I got busy in studies. Months passed and the exams were there. Years passed and I got graduated with some great results. In no longer time I was placed as an employee with a fair amount of salary. I remember writing to you about it and asking for forgiveness that I had not written to you this long. I got your letter and you were happy for me. I got success and became blind with it. Soon I found my love and married to her without informing you or taking consent. Years passed and we were gifted with a baby girl. I was so happy in my life.

Past a year after the birth of Angel, we started having regular fights over various matters. I was not really happy with her lifestyle as now we had responsibilities towards our child. But she won't listen at all and yesterday she filed a divorce against me and left the house with her new mate. Suddenly my perfect world shattered into pieces. I could not sleep the whole night. So I opened the box in which I had kept all your letters unread. I came to know how you might have felt when no letter was returned from me. I felt your pain as I felt mine. I have no words to beg forgiveness from you. Today, I am left all alone with some memories. I share the same fate as I had left you with. I cherish all my pain as a token of my deeds.

I want to return to you mother. I want to take care of you like I should have taken all these years. I know you will forgive me soon coz you love me so much. I have resigned from my job this morning and I will return to you soon after you get this letter and will never leave you now.

Your idiot son

____________________________________________________________

She is filled with tears and finally let them go. Carefully folding it back she looks at the grave and sits down on her knees. "I wish God had granted you a day more so you could read the letter and maybe you would have gained enough strength to live.” she whispers to the grave.