Chapter One

Not many people were accepted into Dilalila School for Bright Minds. A school founded by the most powerful and magnificent people, the peace bringer, Navelia Noternel, the man of war, Hurskulus Hadar, and the brave, Alibia Albertonus. The three had joined at the fall of their mighty leader, Nutinask Navarius, to take his place and rule the great school.

The students that had been of the requirements at Dilalia, had all been sent letters, them all being top of their classes in their mortal schools. Not knowing the power they held within their small heads. All of the new students including little Connor Williams, had waited all summer for their acceptance letters to their second-level schools, all to be surprised with brilliant yellow envelopes with their invitation to Dilalia School for the bright minds.

Connor knew he was on top of his class and that he was going to go places in life. His IQ levels were off the charts. His teachers marveled at him and his learning capabilities. He was a popular nerd if you will. Him only being 15 and having completed all of his grade school.

His many applications to universities all over the world waiting to be opened. The stack of them piled up in the mailbox just outside the Williams Household.

"I'm gonna go get the mail, I'm pretty sure my application forms are there," Connor told his parents as he parted to the door.

"Make sure to wait for us before you open them!" his mother yelled at the front door as it closed. Connor made his way down the long driveway, excitement building in his chest. He got to the light blue box, the front of seemed to be straining to keep all of the mail inside. Connor quickly opened the front, collecting them all. He noticed most of them were white, other than the bright yellow one that seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. Connor opened the front door, a broad smile that seemed to reach his ears spread across his face.

"Look at how many I've got!" Connor exclaimed excitedly, piling the many letters on the kitchen table. His parents looked at him expectantly, pride showing brightly in their eyes.

"Look at this one, looks pretty important." his dad said, picking up the bright yellow envelope.

"Yeah, maybe I should open it first?" Connor questioned.

"Maybe best for last? Open the rest then we can open that one." his mother asked politely.

"Ok," Connor said simply, beginning the long process that included opening every letter on the table. Soon all of the acception letters to the universities lay on the table neatly stacked. Only the bright yellow envelope remained, the buzz of the past acceptions still bright in the air. The anticipation thick within the three people.

"So, I guess we open this one then. Kinda weird it's so different from the others." Connor explained as he read the confusing words written on the envelope. They wrote:

Mr. C. Williams

Williams household

Spencer Park Drive

Coventry, UK

Connor opened the green seal keeping the letter close, pulling out the thick expensive paper.

"Seems like a pretty good school, yet, the address isn't what it should be. It's not very specific." he exclaimed. Pulling his attention back to the letter that wrote:

We are proud to say that you have been accepted into Dilalia, school for the bright minds. This acception letter was sent to you because you meet and exceed the expectations needed at our school. Confusion may be brought to you about who we are and what this means, to answer that, we are people who have more potential in our world than the one you live in now. Without knowing, you have proven that your mind is of great experience and that you deserve a position at our school. This would mean that you would join us at Dilalia and begin your teachings to become a great and powerful mind. Your plane ticket and your school list has been included within this envelope. We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,

Dilalia school for the bright minds

Connor was confused. A small chuckle passed his lips.

"Probably just a scam, lots of people know about my applications" Connor was almost sure that it was, yet, there was still part of him that though it could be real.

"Maybe it is, I don't know, there's no return address on the envelope." his mother exclaimed. The letter was quite broad and didn't explain much. Connor then remembered out of the craziness that was the letter, that there was a school supplies list. He opened the envelope to find another sheet of thick paper. This one made even less sense as it read:

For your first year at Dilalia school, you will be needing the following:

Mind-boggling spells controlled by your head by Martin Harvely

Defending the mind by Haring Lutwing

Brews and potions by Lamia Hecate

School Uniform

Cauldron

And your typical items such as pens, paper, etc.

Do not forget your mind either! The most important thing is your knowledge.

Connor was flabbergasted at the effort whoever had created the letter had used. He didn't think the whole thing was real. That was of course until the paper floated out of his hands and folded itself into something of a mouth. The paper mouth began to speak.

"You will be picked up at 5 PM sharp by a black van. You and your guardians are to take the van into central London, where you will be brought to the magical city of Elvira. Here you will be buying all of your supplies for the year spent at our school." With that, the folded paper fell with a thud. Connor picked the fallen letter of the floor.

"So do you think it's really an acceptance letter to a magic school?" Connor asked with clear confusion showing in his voice.

"I mean it seems pretty legit with the talking paper and all." Mr. Williams said, trying to convince himself it was real.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to wait until 5 PM tomorrow," Connor said defeated.