Chapter One

Awakening with a sigh, Matilda Wrenchback reached over and attempted to flick her alarm off, however in her half-conscious state, managed to over tip her balance just a little much, landing with a tremendous thump on the dark oak floor that lined her less than average sized bedroom. Letting out a muffled scream, she rolled over, pulling herself to her feet, wincing, as a sharp jolt of pain ricocheted through her left shoulder. Reluctantly, she began to make her way over to wardrobe, about to pull out her school uniform, however a glint of silver on her desk caught her attention before she could make it that far; her blade.

A smile, that would probably have been misinterpreted for a grimace crept its way over her face, as she tenderly picked it up, bringing the sharp edge to the pale tenderness that made up her delicate skin, the sharp edge pushing just hard enough to draw blood. A sigh escaping her mouth, as all the pain of the previous few days was relieved, she made the subconscious decision to make a second cut, this time pressing harder, cutting deeper. That was her five day clean record ruined, but who cared? Cutting made everything okay again, even if it was only a temporary solution.

As she pressed into her skin, repeatedly drawing the blade across in a frenzy, everything seemed to fade away- even school; her personal hell on Earth, where she would be in less than an hour seemed to disappear and she could finally relax, even if it was just an illusion, all of the emotional pain running deep in her veins, being overshadowed by the physical pain.

"Tilly, time to leave for school!" the soothing voice of her foster carer, Emma Richardson, drifted up the stairs, bringing her back to reality, her heaven drifting away.

The erratic laugh of a madman escaping her lips, she tipped her head back, the tears streaming down her face, as hysterics clutched at her chest. Her soul had been shattered into hundreds of thousands of pieces; and there was nothing in the slightest that anybody could do to fix it. Wiping her blood and tears, as she gathered together her composure, she quickly pulled on some clothes, opened her bedroom door and made her way downstairs.

Sorry it's so short, it's just a little introduction- Feel free to leave your opinions and comments on it. :')