five

"so, tell me again. you meant to whistle at a bird."

"a pigeon, jimin. keep up," taehyung says, his legs propped up on the coffee table in the living room. he looks at jeongguk. "proceed."

jeongguk groans and slumps deeper into the sofa. "i've told you guys this story a hundred times."

seokjin glances around the corner of the kitchen holding up a spatula. yoongi stifles a laugh at the sight and namjoon sighs. "it's rom-com worthy, jeongguk. it's one for the books."

"vows, too," jimin says, wiggling his eyebrows. and jeongguk goes to slap his shoulder but namjoon has already beat him to it. jimin pouts. "you guys have been together for almost three years now. it'll happen soon."

namjoon grins cheekily at jeongguk and jeongguk returns one of his own. "who says it already hasn't?"

"you're kidding."

"excuse you?"

"when the fuck-"

jeongguk interjects and holds up a hand. "he's kidding. we're kidding. it will happen when it happens. calm down."

and a collection of relieved breaths fill the air and then laughter. it's a sound jeongguk has known to love. he's made a family with friends and a family with namjoon and he feels like this is his purpose: to just live and enjoy the moments you make. to just live.

later in the evening when everyone has left and when jeongguk and namjoon lay in bed, they turn to each other.

"i love you," jeongguk says. jeongguk is happy. he's very happy.

"i love you, too," namjoon replies, pushes jeongguk's bangs out of the way and looks into his eyes. he smiles. jeongguk has already submerged underwater but he can breathe. he isn't drowning. he's swimming. he's living. he's loving.

"our wedding will be kick ass."

jeongguk grins. "hell yeah it will."

"can we get a disco ball?"

"of course."

"can taehyung be our ring bear?"

"who else would be a better fit for that description? but, yes."

a pause. "can our cake topper be a bird?"

and jeongguk groans, seeing namjoon's smile light up in the moonlight. but he can't stay mad at him. so he just closes his eyes, heart content, and says, "sure. if that's what you want."

he can almost hear namjoon's grin. he feels namjoon's hand trace the features on jeongguk's face. "i just want you, if that's okay."

"sounds good to me," jeongguk quietly says into the night air. feels his heart fill with love. "you have me."

"i know, 'gguk," a light kiss to the forehead. a light kiss to the heart. to the soul. to the stars. "and you have me."