Untitled (for now) chapter 1

Chapter 1

I got on a plane with my sisters and rode the whole trip, to my Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Drew’s house, with my headphones on drowning out my sisters constant babbling about how they can’t wait to meet new friends. Why are they so excited all we’re doing is going to a school so I be a better person to become a king. When we landed, we met up with my aunt and uncle and headed to their house. “Oh my God I can’t wait to go to school. We’re going to meet so many new people.” “And maybe even some boys!” my little sisters squealed with delight at each other.

“Aunt Sylvia why do I have to go, I don’t like people and I already know what they’re teaching.” I asked wondering why I have to be up this early in the morning. “You’ll do fine sweetheart, plus you might even make some friends and maybe even meet a girl…” I rolled out of my bed with a tired moan. “Ugh, doubt it. Im not interested in some Cali girl Barbie whos only interested in me so she can cheat on tests or to befriend those tough guy jocks that get amusement in other kid’s anguish.” “You watch too much TV, they’re not going to be that bad plus they don’t know who you are, so you don’t have to worry about that.” She was right; I didn’t have to worry, because I’m going to draw as little attention to myself as possible, so they have no way of knowing or figuring out who I am.

Before I go on I think I should tell you a little bit more about me. I have black hair, my mother has compared it to black ink many times. My hair kind of short but its long enough for me to have my bangs. I’m about 5’8. My body is about the average size for a guy my age, but I am quite strong, I have studied iaido, kali, arnis, and eskrima. My sisters learned naginata instead. I have pale skin and grey eyes that turn black at certain times. I don’t really like people but I do have a couple close friends and I like to sit, listen to music, and draw or go out and take pictures of the beauty around me.

Ahh the many feelings of the first day of a new school: nausea, hunger, anger, embarrassment, awkwardness, excitement, etc. rushing towards you all at once. I decided it would be best to stand by myself until school actually started, the best way to stay hidden. I took out my sketchbook and iPod and decided to quietly waste the time. I looked around and until I spotted 2 girls sitting by themselves. “Ahh perfect models.” I whispered to myself. One had wavy black hair, which reached her shoulders. Her hair seemed to also have teal  patches all around. She had rich dark skin. She wore purple glasses with blue polka dots on the side. She was wearing the uniform but added things to it like her mismatched striped socks, many buttons with words on them that she had on her messenger style backpack and navy blue fedora. Her shoes also tested the dress code, they were navy strap pumps with at least a 4 inch heel and they had a skull and crossbones stretched across the toe. Her friend seemed less adventurous. She had short auburn hair, that reached the end of her face. She had creamy fair skin and she too wore small accessories on her uniform. She wore pink knee-hi’s and a few buttons.

Just as was I finishing I hear someone talking behind me. “Well well well, what do we have here?” The voice grabbed my sketchbook right out my hands. I quickly got up to see who had done it. Of course it was the jocks I told my aunt about, the ones who like causing pain. “Can you give me back my sketchbook, please?” I asked in my most restrained voice. “Not yet, I wanna see all the pretty pictures you drew for me.” Laughed the jock who held my book. I reached for it but his friend grabbed me before I could get it. “Ah ah ah, not yet. Hmm let’s see here, oh look at that you drew a picture of my girlfriend for me. Look honey he made it just for us.” said the jock in a sickly sweet voice. The black haired girl grabbed his arm. “ Dane please just stop. He’s new.” She looked me in the eyes and all I saw was pity. I wasn’t raised to be seen as weak, a king is never weak. The next few seconds were a blur.

I blinked and Dane was on the ground with my arm around his neck and a pen aimed at his throat, with everyone looking at us. Well I guess it’s going to be a little harder to stay invisible now.