Chapter 2: Memories

Here’s the second chapter of ‘Strangers’. I’m not going to lie it’s a bit dull but I promise you it will get much better. Also there’s a part in here that you might not understand but I promise you later on you will. I tried to leave a whole bunch of hints for you guys so you can understand what has happened. Thank you to all who commented and added my story to your library! I love you!<3

Chapter Two: Memories

 Beep. Beep. Beep.

  It was the sounds that awoke Coralie from her profound slumber. She slowly peeled her eyes open rays of bright light stinging them. Wailing, she closed them fast and waited for the pain to subside. After minutes of waiting she reopened them and gaped around at her surroundings. She was in a room with bare white walls, white cabinets and white tiled floors. Beside her a machine silently hummed and there was another next to it that was not so silent. It had a monitor with lime green lines - some in waves and the others in a sharp squiggly formation. Lifting her head from the pillow that it rested on Coralie cocked her head to the side puzzled at what the lines meant.

   To her it looked like razor green mountains. She fingered some wires that trailed from the inside of her nose to the forearm of her wrists. Clear sucker cups stuck to her chest that connected to the machine. A large bandage was secured there with blood staining the surface of it in the middle. Scrunching her eyebrows together Coralie began timidly taking it off as well as the tube that snaked through her nose. She started with the bandage first because she knew it was going to be easier to remove. Taking her nail she scraped one end of the sticky part up and ripped it off.

  She screamed a small scream. She then moved onto the tube. She grasped the bridge of her nose and the tube and yanked with all her might. Her mouth opened as the tube slid out along with snot and bile from her stomach. She then took off the sucker cups from her chest. Gagging a bit Coralie tossed the tube and the cups on the floor and started to get up. When her legs touched the floor they shivered because of how frigid it was.

  She half galloped and the other half limped to the door and flew it open. Standing in the doorway looked to be a nurse and a boy that Coralie associate to have a puppy face. In his hands was two cups of coffee.

 “Eh…hello” he said offering her a kind smile.

   Coralie regarded it by frowning and sidestepped him and the nurse.

 “Where do you think you’re going?” asked the nurse blocking her path and Coralie jumped back frightened by how close she was to her.

 “U-u-ummm…” she stammered her heart pounding fiercely inside her chest. She wasn’t expecting for this to happen. Hell she thought she could have actually just walked out the room without a soul noticing. She should have known better that she couldn’t.

  Everything for her began to click together. Judging from the nurse’s uniform, the bland colors and the weird aroma of anti-aspirin and other harsh drugs Coralie couldn’t identify she arrived to the conclusion that she was in the hospital.

   But why?

   She glanced down at her arm and saw why. Dried blood crusted in the deep wound within her skin. Frankly, she had forgotten about the injury and the events that caused it. Her mind reeled back to the memory of her and the boy in the store. The blood, the woman who kept getting in her space and the boy who asked if she were alright. And…the sudden realization that she knew him from somewhere.

“Hello?” interrupted a voice from Coralie’s thoughts a hand waving in her face. “Return to reality”

   It was the nurse and she didn’t appear too happy. Coralie flinched when she grabbed her arm and directed her to sit on the bed. When she let go Coralie breathed a loud sigh of relief and leaned her back against the wall of the bed. Her body quaked with a feeling like no other. It’s been forever since she’s been last touched and Coralie almost forgotten what if felt like.