Chapter 9

Letting my radiance show may have been a mistake at that moment but I didn't care. I was beyond mad and I was done.

"You will not control me. You will not try to stop me as I leave or I won't hesitate to kill you." I had so much power in my voice that it shook the house.

Everyone instantly bowed their heads in respect for someone of higher power.

As it should be. My wolf thought in my head.

I can't believe I let this go on for so long. I wasn't one to be held under someone else's control, I was the one to control. I continued walking from the Pack House into the open commons in front of it.

I felt my heart start to ache.

What is this? Why do I have this? What is going on?

It's our mate. My wolf growled out.

So you're mad with him now? I asked her, she was the one that made us stay here. I was surprised.

Don't act to surprised. He can't order us around. I won't allow it.

I heard commotion from behind me but I didn't turn around to see it. If it was my mate and I saw him broken by rejection then, no matter how strong I was, I would break and give in.

I heard growls and yelling. They were getting so loud that I could hear them across the open commons. But I did have enhanced hearing, so that made things easier. I could hear him fighting the people restraining him, trying to chase after me. His mouth dripped profanities and foul words, typical, all werewolf Alphas had a sailors mouth.

"Alpha, you can't go after her. She's powerful and you heard what she said."

Julian hated that. He howled ten times louder than he had before. He didn't want anyone telling him what to do, especially when it came to his mate. He finally broke free of the warriors holds, that much I could tell because I could feel thunderous footsteps behind me.

My wolf and I weren't happy that he wasn't listening to us. My wolf howled and begged to be let out so she could start teaching certain people a lesson. I gave in. I gave my wolf what she wanted and shifted.

I shifted into my beautiful white wolf. My color had been restored since I let my radiance show and my white coat as blinding in the midday sun.

Everyone stopped. The world stopped. Every woodland animal stopped. And they watched me.

My mate even looked at me with awe and slight confusion. That's the way everyone looked at me.

"Beautiful," My mate whispered stepping closer to me, "I've never seen a white wolf before."

No ones ever seen a white wolf before, idiot. He was reaching his hand out to stroke my fur.

I don't think so. My wolf thought right before she snapped at his hand causing him to jump back.

I growled and everyone immediately bowed on one knee with their heads down, all but one.

My mate.

He never did as he was told. I stepped toward raising my height to look more of power. Hoping to intimidate him into submission. He didn't back down, he only continued to look at me. My wolf felt like her power was being challenged and she hated it, I hated it too.

We lunged at him, at our mate, Julian. He immediately shifted into his black wolf. Even though his wolf was bigger than mine it wasn't by much. Maybe a few inches. The size wasn't enough to make me back down.

I tackled him to the ground and kept my weight on top of him to hopefully keep him on the ground.

Stop it Julian. You're not going to win. I thought in his head.

He finally stopped struggling and just laid there. When I was finally satisfied that he wasn't going to try and attack me, I got off of him and turned away. My wolf liked the way he finally became submissive and let her be leader. She instantly forgave him after that moment, but she did have a slight grudge.

Stupid wolf.

The pain in my chest was becoming more intense the farther I got from where I had left everyone and I didn't like it. This pain was too much. I turned to where Julian was previously laying on the ground and was surprised to see him still laying there. Only now, he had tears in his eyes and rolling down his cheeks while he looked at the sky.

The pain got worse.

I crashed of my knees when Julian turned his head to look at me. The pain that his eyes held had my head spinning. If this got any worse I think may faint.

Julian reached his hand out towards me, even though we were hundreds of feet away. I could see every member of his pack looking at us, trying to figure out what the hell was going to happen. They had all moved out of the way so that their Alpha and his mate could look clearly at each other without and interruption.

"Brie." My mate whispered, though I could hear him clearly from the far distance I was.

And with the one word that escaped his lips, my name flowing from his mouth. I blacked out. Finally giving in to the building pressure in my mind caused by the distance, my wolf and his.