One

Metanoia- The journey of changing one’s mind, heart, self, or way of life. (N.)

The second he realized, he felt a knife plunged into his heart and soul, twisting the blade making him shake. That was the second Natsu realized Gray wanted to kill him. Gray sought out Natsu’s death, Natsu was the plague of the world and the sun did not shine in his smile, even though it remains unchanged.

The muscles in Natsu’s body shook, he wasn’t afraid, or scared. He was hurt. Gray had been his best friend, it seems that too was unrequited. Natsu now, In gray’s eyes was a monster, a demon, something to be eradicated.

After all, a flower that blooms in darkness can only bloom in darkness.

Natsu didn’t understand the hate and malice, but he understood it’s song clearly. Gajeel was with Natsu, trying to give him ideas.

Natsu honestly didn’t care.
Natsu could forgive gray for a lot of things.
He could kill him, and Natsu would forgive him.
He could do anything to Natsu, and he would forgive him.

Oh but the song that sings doesn’t ever stay on the same notes forever. Shifts in tune, shifts that change.

Some people say; “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”,  whilst true, a more fitting phrase for the shift in the song of life and death, love and malice. The phrase; “No one can hate you more than someone who used to love you.”

The conclusion of a song remains untouched, untainted until you reach the end. Skipping to the end is of no satisfaction, but it’s unearned, and you miss all the high’s and low’s in between. 

The conclusion of this song would have to wait, 10 beats or is it 100 beats. The timing could change. Or it could forever beat the same like a heart in rhythm.

Of course, with everything there are risks. With that, consequently, consequences. 

Understand the beat of the rain, the beat of hearts, the beat of tears, and the melody of screams, to understand the beat of pain.

When Natsu was 3, his sister was born. When Natsu was 4, he wasn’t happy, and that had been the ultimate truth of his life until he would be 6.

But at 5, Natsu had already many scars, and cuts, and bruises. Glass shards of liquid depressants splintered him. The sharpness of leather smacks was not uncommon.

Such pain of cold origins, forsaken small Natsu. 

Cold, cold, cold, she was cold. Such a dreaded cold. Natsu sought the warmth of the cold, but everyone else didn’t have the cold at all. Natsu was alone.
His mother was not like the rest.

On the day, the worst day of Natsu’s life would take place when he’s 5. It would be a blizzard that ended with the smallest of growing rainbows.

Father’s lying in the room with mirror bits and red red red blood.

Fear. Hatred. Resentment. Everything he felt for the one responsible, the two latter looked right back at him.

Screams that no one hears, but everyone ignores.
No one could help.

Grabbing his sister he ran into the woods. Fear can warp and destroy like chaos incarnate. See change or be changed. Kill or be Killed.
Flowers.
Flowers.
Flowers.