Chapter 2

Chapter: 2

Omniscient Narrator

The days passed and the family wanted to say goodbye properly. Leonardo was in a coffin carved by hand with the Hamato Clan logo, covered by lotus flowers. All those who wanted him were present, or at least mostly. Only one important person was missing for the turtle: Donatello. The pain of witnessing that cruel scene and having it in his arms, waiting for all that to end, something that nobody wanted to live or feel. Several of the mutants that Leonardo saved were to give condolences and say a few words. Mikey was staring at his fallen brother, while the tears came out and he only thought about what would have happened if he was still awake to help...accompanied by April, who consoled him. Raphael was only angry at Donnie's lack of dignity in not being present this time.

After that nothing went as before, Splinter became paranoid. Every day that his children were to save the day, he was extremely alert for the rest of the day. Raphael...Well, he was undoubtedly more careful. He elaborated each plan in detail so that no one is in the same situation as... Well, he also became more distant with the rest, especially with Donnie. He still does not forgive him for not being present at...the funeral ...

On Mikey's part, he became more serious than before. He doesn't make any jokes anymore, nor does he do pirouettes as before. Since that loss, he has trained harder than before but still has that air of innocence.

Donnie...He's still the same as before, only that he overdoes staying up late at night in inventions that nobody knows what they are about. He no longer wears his protective shells and that alarmed Raph a lot.

Everything has changed

There was even a new member in the Clan, a female turtle named Venus. Apparently Draxum, before he died, wanted to try again to make his 'warrior'. Luckily, he found remains of Lou Jitsu's DNA: Some fibers of his hair. Only that he needed to re-create his mutagen, resulting in a small baby turtle. She was on the day Leo gave his life for the family. He managed to rescue her.

Leonardo's Pov, Before his death

I was determined to work out my plan...But I knew I couldn't get out of it alive. Luckily, I managed to save my family, my brothers and innocent people. Checking the place to see that there will be no people or mutants left, I noticed a peculiar glow in one of the corners ... a familiar glow, I approached fearful of not knowing what it was until I heard ..the cries of a child?

I hurried to see and I was right. But it wasn't a peculiar baby, no, but it was a baby... turtle?

It looked like it was more a girl. She was lonely and covered with Mutagen. I could not leave her in that condition. Before elaborating my plan, I had to go and leave it in a safe place ... the only place I knew was ... My home ...

Quickly, I noticed if Raph was still standing and, seeing him still energized, I decided to save her.

- Hold on brother, I will soon save you - I Created a portal to my room.

-Well baby, we're home. Let's see, let's see-I looked around, looking for some bandana for her...or him? I don't know. I found my shirt, the one I used on the wrestling. I broke it and put it around her neck, preventing it from adjusting.

I was also looking for a place to leave her. I don't have many things for babies or children, to be honest. As I had nothing, I left her in my bed to rest but she kept crying. What should I do? I didn't have time for that, not to get fond of myself. I wish I had a fondness but...hey, one life for another, right?

-Well baby, what will we call you? Hummm-I looked around and just remembered something Donnie always repeated, something of Venus ... Yes, Venus! -What about ... Venus? Yes ... It suits you well!