🌞: 7

Naomi Lu

"You can't just run off like that and expect us to NOT worry or want to know what's up." June says sternly.

"And you can't just bury yourself in your bed and expect us to leave and NOT want answers." Zack copies her tone.

I flip over to my back and covered my face with my hands. "I'm not hiding. I'm just....I don't know."

June and Zack walk over and I feel the bed dipping as they sit down besides me.

"Ok, I'm being dramatic." I sit up, softly slapping my cheek. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make a scene. I was just really...overwhelmed. I felt like the tension was going to make my head explode."

"Did something happen?" Zack asks.

"Donghyuck is really, uh, expressive." I clear my throat awkwardly. "It catches me off guard all the time and I choke up because I'm not used to it."

June gasps. "Did he ask you out?!"

"No! He did everything but that!" I punch a pillow. "Gosh, how is he so casual with it?!"

"What are you talking about?"

A smile sneaks onto my face as I think about the witty compliments given to me, then embarrassment hits me like a truck. "Don't make fun of me when I tell you!"

"I won't." June says.

"I already am."

June smacks Zack on his neck.

I bring a pillow to my chest. "H-He told me to whine to him if I ever want something because he found it cute. T-Then he said that everything looks good on me, even the color green...he also threatened to beat up a guy for me."

"Wow." June shakes her head in disbelief. "He really told you green looks good on you? That's love."

"Do you want him to stop or something?" Zack asks. "If it's making you uncomfortable-"

I shake my head. "It's not that. I don't...hate it."

"This boy is playing with my girl's feelings." June scoffs. "What is he trying to do? Mess with her head?"

"He's obviously flirting with her." Zack jabs her side, then dodges her fist. "But, I don't know what he's trying to do. I've never seen him like this before."

"He only flirts when no one else is around." I add. "He does it very smoothly. He slides it in without me knowing."

"That's what she said-"

June smacks Zack in the back of his head.

I lower my eyebrows, unamused. "You know what I mean."

"Yeah.....my boy GOT GAME!" Zack holds up a hand towards June for a high-five.

Instead June lays a hand on his face and pushes him away.

"Look, Naomi, he has a thing for ya. I say, you flirt back and see what he does. If he plays along with it, then he likes you. If he immediately stops flirting back and shows some sort of disgust, then he's playing with you." June advises with her free hand on my shoulder.

"Flirt back?!"

"Calm down, virgin. Just flirt in anyway you can manage and see for yourself."

"June, I don't want to lead him on."

"But you like him back, don't you?"

My cheeks flush a deep red. "N-No!"

She looks at me with a deadpan face.