The Beginning of Shadow(Ch. 1)

Lancaster, Ohio

INT. BEDROOM -- DAY

Katelyn's POV (Point of View)

I'm done. I'm done with the emotional and physical abuse from my father. I'm done with being hated and bullied at school. I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I'm. Just. Done. Today is the day I actually do something about my life. I just haven't figured what that something might be yet. But what I do know is that something BIG was gonna go down.

JOSEPH: "Hey, B****! Get your stupid a** down here right now!"

KATELYN: "Yes, sir!"

Quickly I rush out of my room before descending down a staircase that leads to the front door of the living room.

INT. LIVING ROOM -- DAY

KATELYN: "Yes, sir."

Not a second later, a slap was delivered to my left cheek. When I was young, I use to fall to the ground by the harsh blow, but since I'm taller and have developed a higher pain tolerance, I was able to stay in place.

JOSEPH: "What took you so god damn long!"

KATELYN: "I only took, like, five seconds, sir. Please forgive me for not meeting up to your high expectations."

This earned me a punch to the stomach which, in turn, caused me to lean forward in pain, but I let no emotion take over my facial features. Once the pain subsided, I straightened my position.

KATELYN: "Anyways, what was it that you needed from me?"

JOSEPH: "Go to the store, and buy me some beer."

KATELYN: "As you wish, sir."

I took a few fives from my father's hand, and proceeded to walk out the front door with a stoic expression set on my face. 

EXT. SIDEWALK -- DAY

As I make my way out of my prison, and down the street to a nearby quick stop, I took the time to finally feel a bit at ease. After a while, a song that I listened to this morning pops up in my head and I quietly sing it. 

~You've got no place to hide~

~And I'm feeling like a villain, got a hunger inside~

~One look in my eyes~

~And you're running cause I'm coming, going to eat you alive~

~Your heart hits like a drum~

~The chase has just begun~

~Monsters stuck in your head~

~Monsters under your bed~

~We are, we are monsters. Oh-oh~

~One misstep, your mine~

~And you better stay clever if you wanna survive~

~Once you cross the line~

~You'll be wishing you would listen when you meet your demise~

~Your heart hits like a drum~

~The hunt has just begun~