How could this happen?

Chapter 10

                My eyes widened as I slammed the door shut behind me and mumbled sorry before taking off outside and going back to my house. It been a few days since I let Ichigo feed off me and he been distant. Today we had received a mission and I was to report to him to bring him to the Hokage but he had other things on his mind, more like someone.

           A blush spread across my cheeks and I shook my head, angry and sad at the same time. I cared about this man but I knew letting my feelings show would end up being worthless because I don’t plan on living, I plan on dying protecting this village. He had every right to be with someone other than me, but why did it hurt so much?

            I thought I would be fine letting him drink my blood, using me so he could get better while I just hide my feelings, be consent that he needed me, happy that we had that together but it wasn’t enough for him. He needed more, Ichigo needed love, someone to care for him in a way I couldn’t because I wanted to protect him from being hurt. He didn’t need me; he shouldn’t be drinking my blood because he needs a stable thing in his life, one that one perishes with this earth. I wonder who that woman was though; they both looked like they were having fun.

            I grabbed my bag ready for the mission and walked to the Hokage building, least I said we had a mission before I opened that door. Lady Tsunade was sitting at her desk, arms bent on the table and her hands clasped together by her face, looking deep in thought.

            Zero was looking at me nervously and then went back to looking at Tsunade who looked at me when I shut the door. “Your mother was spotted outside the border of this village; she was with a man who seemed to be a plant and was saying weird things in your language. Anbu said she disappeared and reappeared not too long after with a guy your age and knocked him out cold.”

            What was my mother doing? Why would she have a guy with her only to knock him out unless he has something to do with the akatsuki! “What about this guy? Does it involve akatsuki business?”

 She shook her head “She left the guy when a few travelers walked by them and demanded to know what was going on, they fled and left the guy for the travelers and we think it may be a trap. Since you are not recognizable anymore, we are sending your team out, your codename will be shadow Uchiha, your back story is we made a deal with the Uchiha right before you were born to keep you as a secret peace offering, and would only service when the time was right. The only person who knew was the third hokage, and the family who had you that will be unnamed because you don’t know them got it? Alice is dead from here on, because you are a target that if in the wrong hands, could destroy this earth”

            I frowned, looking at the ground sadly. She was right; I was harmful to this place as Alice Knight. I had the akatsuki after me, Obito after me and if they succeeded, could take my power if my mother let them. “Alight, I will accept being Shadow Uchiha, the best kept secret the leaf had ever had, only close personal friends will know of this hush, hush and we kill her off and place that name on the K.I.A because she is dead now”

            Tsunade nodded and tossed me the scroll “You are now in charge of this mission, head out immediately and bring back the guy she was seen with. Report back to me and if this guy is of any importance, you will tell me how to handle him understood?”

            I nodded and grabbed my Anbu mask Zero had and placed it on my head “Let’s go Zero, we don’t have time to waste waiting on Ichigo”