Forest

The calming breeze was blowing, caressing my hair, and running away. Some leaves fallen in the path full of outgrown roots ahead of me. As I made my way into the forest, I heard the birds singing sweetly. I took a breath that felt like water, fresh and cleansing, flowing freely into my lungs. The sun broke through the cracks and something about the sparkle upon the blue caught my eyes.

It is here under the nascent rays of the sun, lighting up the path as if it lured me to go further. The forest hums with life all around me. I twirl about, gazing up at the canopy. Wild-flowers and fallen leaves were crunched beneath my bare feet. I trudged on, taking in the fragrance of minty grass and the damp earth.

As I walk along, I found a family of oak trees chatting together. A new smile painted itself upon my face. It is a place of ancient souls, of the creatures who dwell with the sweet sounds of moving water and bird song.

The seasons had been harsh, stripping away the bark and outer layers, yet rendering them all the more beautiful. They had the appearance of driftwood, twisting in patterns that reminded me of seaside waves; even the color of the moss was kelp-like. I tilted my head upward, feeling my hair tumble further down my back; the pines in front of me were several houses tall, reaching toward the golden rays of Spring. Bird song came in lulls and bursts, the silence and the singing were working together as well as any improvised melody.

Walking some distance I came to the top of a hill. From where I was standing, a brook was stretching. It was the sight of beautiful shining water that had induced me to come down. So, I went down following the water, enjoying the scenery along sides the brook where the flowers were dancing, the bees singing lovely songs, sucking the nectar and sprinkling the pollens all around.

The trouts were racing with me splashing water up high.

It was a melody without a rhythm, music without sound which was playing in my head. In that place, I became a part of art, of that three-dimensional creation of time and space, of a greater evolutionary span than my brain can fathom. It was when I stopped knowing and began feeling. It was when I heard with my heart the voice of this picturesque landscape, "Welcome."

Reference:

www.desciptionari.com/quotes/forest