Chapter 1

Darkness surrounded Todd.

He wasn't sure where he was. It was initially fuzzy, but it grew clearer as time passed and Todd soon discovered he was lying on BoJack's couch.

"H-Huh?" Todd uttered before he jolted up—disoriented by where he was, or more importantly why he was here.

"BoJack?" Todd called out as he began to stand up. The horse hadn't responded to him, but Todd heard horrible retching coming from the pool area.

Concern splayed in his features; Todd stood up from the grey couch before gradually stepping out to the pool area. His steps became more timid, and he played with his hands. An all too infamous nervous tick he thought was snubbed for good.

"H-Hey buddy? You alright? Did you eat something wrong? Bad hangover?" Todd asked as he got behind the horse and gently patted BoJack's back—in a meager attempt of comforting him.

"What are you even talking about?" BoJack hissed venomously—his voice even subtly echoed. "You did this to me."

Before Todd could think to step back and possibly run—BoJack sharply whipped around to grab Todd's wrists, his stare cold and unmoving. It was like he was trying to practice killing him with just a stare alone.

"BoJack...stop...you're hurting me." Todd practically whimpered as he attempted to pull away from the horse.

Getting a good look at BoJack's face—Todd noticed a slimy black substance trailed from the corner of BoJack's mouth. The pool usually a shiny blue and crystal clear, was tainted with a thick black substance. The dark substance was slowly swallowing every color different from it.

All too abruptly—Todd woke up, and he almost jolted right up in fear. His whole body was trembling lightly as eyes went to his left—catching sight of Mr. Peanutbutter peacefully sleeping next to him. He gave a small sigh of relief to be out of that nightmare before he untensed his shoulders a bit.

It's just a bad dream. I'm thinking too much. Todd thought to himself before he slowly drifted off back to sleep. For the rest of that night, Todd didn't dream of anything.

Todd woke up in surprise to see it was 5:45 AM. He peered over to see Mr. Peanutbutter still asleep. The thought of him waking up before Mr. Peanutbutter was new—it surprised him greatly. However, it came at the expense of Todd feeling disoriented and groggy. He had to blink multiple times just to get his grip on everything around him.

He lied back down and peered upwards to the ceiling, not taking his eyes off it as Mr. Peanutbutter continued to rest. He would be up in about 5-10 minutes. It was like a personal embedded alarm clock inside the dog that screamed at him to jump up right before six.

His thought proved to be correct when the clock flashed 5:55, and Mr. Peanutbutter was up with a yawn before he was quicker to jolt up—not in fear like himself but in dog-like eagerness.

"Oh? Good morning Todd! What has you up before me?" Mr. Peanutbutter asked with a smile, earning an almost nervous chuckle from Todd.

He couldn't just go off and tell Mr. Peanutbutter about this. What if this was just a one-time thing and his mind is just blowing it out of proportionate? He thought.

Therefore, he suggested on the spot, "I was thinking we should go to Diisneyland today! You know, the one with two I's?"

Mr. Peanutbutter's ears perked in surprise for a moment before he responded—enthusiasm dripped from his tone, "Aw yeah! I'll go print the tickets right now!" He tore away from the bed and practically ran out the door to begin the purchase, and Todd watched with a smile.